Hall Vs. Gaudreau

Which player is better RIGHT NOW.

• Hall

• Gaudreau

• Too close to call

Results are only viewable after voting.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Both have been on fire recently (Gaudreau with 25 points in 18 games and Hall with 21 in 14).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This has got to be a joke. 4 seasons in a row of outscoring Hall and Gaudreau still can't win a poll lol.

Hall has been great this season but Gaudreau is 2nd in the league in scoring.

I guess that shine of being a 1st overall pick never comes off for some.

Hall does the same with less

mandatory **** you Chia

Hall has never matched Gaudreau's production since the 2 have been in the league. He's never done the same lol.

Gaudreau vs Hall point totals last 4 years:
64 vs 38
78 vs 65
61 vs 53
67 vs 59

Hall has so much less help and is doing what he's doing

I'd rather have Hischier and Bratt over Monahan and Ferland.

Reactions: flamesforcup

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
This has got to be a joke. 4 seasons in a row of outscoring Hall and Gaudreau still can't win a poll lol.

Hall has been great this season but Gaudreau is 2nd in the league in scoring.

I guess that shine of being a 1st overall pick never comes off for some.

Hall has never matched Gaudreau's production since the 2 have been in the league. He's never done the same lol.

Gaudreau vs Hall point totals last 4 years:
64 vs 38
78 vs 65
61 vs 53
67 vs 59

Sean Monahan has several 60 point/30 goal seasons and is on pace for nearly 70 points this year. I get playing with Gaudreau helps, but Bratt or Hischier hitting 50 points is a stretch. Now going forward, I'd rather have the Devils duo, but Monahan is easily better than Hischier and Bratt today. Ferland isn't some throwaway either. He has as many points as Nico and plays a physical game.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

Going forward absolutely, but today Monahan is better and more impactful than Nico and Bratt combined. If Hall had a finisher like Monahan playing on his line he'd easily have an extra 5-10 points on the season.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Going forward absolutely, but today Monahan is better and more impactful than Nico and Bratt combined. If Hall had a finisher like Monahan playing on his line he'd easily have an extra 5-10 points on the season.
Sean Monahan has several 60 point/30 goal seasons and is on pace for nearly 70 points this year. I get playing with Gaudreau helps, but Bratt or Hischier hitting 50 points is a stretch. Now going forward, I'd rather have the Devils duo, but Monahan is easily better than Hischier and Bratt today. Ferland isn't some throwaway either. He has as many points as Nico and plays a physical game.
Hischier is already better than Monahan. Bratt is already better than Ferland. Gaudreau significantly inflates their production. Both devils rookies can drive the play much better than either of Gaudreau's linemates.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Hischier is already better than Monahan. Bratt is already better than Ferland. Gaudreau significantly inflates their production. Both devils rookies can drive the play much better than either of Gaudreau's linemates.
If you dont think Hall is inflating Hischier's and Bratt's production, you're out of your mind. Hall has a 25 point lead on Hischier (while missing 5 games) and a 57 scoring chances lead. That is absolutely absurd.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If you dont think Hall is inflating Hischier's and Bratt's production, you're out of your mind. Hall has a 25 point lead on Hischier (while missing 5 games) and a 57 scoring chances lead. That is absolutely absurd.
The fact that he has such a large gap on those two in no way implies that he is boosting their production. If anything its just the opposite. I mean Hischier and Bratt are only on pace for 48-49 points. That's exactly where you would expect a 1st overall pick to be, and Bratt is just a beast of a player.

Hischier actually has a better P/60 at ES without Hall than with Hall. Monahan and Ferland's numbers fall off a cliff without Gaudreau.

Hall has been on the ice for only 21 of Bratt's 33 points and 23 of Hischier's 34 points (64% and 68% respectively)
Gaudreau has been on the ice for 48 of Monahan's 50 points (96%) and 29 of Ferland's 34 points (85%)

Hischier is NOT better than Monahan at all.
I completely disagree. Hischier is a better skater, stick handler, puck carrier, playmaker, and defensive player. Monahan has a better release and is a bit better at finding soft spots in the D, but that's about it.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
John Gaudreau

Second in the league in points.

I like Hall (and I like that I can finally say that now that he's traded) but between the two one constantly outproduces the other

NeverTriggered

Jan 15, 2017
Hmmm, I think Gaudreau is more creative and has better vision and is better and more consistent offensively.
Hall on the other hand has to carry his own line more and he drives the offense from the d-zone compared to Gaudreau who is more often waiting to get the puck in the neutral zone and doesn't take that much role defensively as Hall.

Really a tough poll to answer. I guess it depends on which type of play one values more.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I completely disagree. Hischier is a better skater, stick handler, puck carrier, playmaker, and defensive player. Monahan has a better release and is a bit better at finding soft spots in the D, but that's about it.
If Nico was half the finisher that Monahan is he'd have 20+ goals by now. I do agree that he's a better playmaker already and will be a better player in the future, but Monahan is an elite finisher and Nico has struggled mightily when it comes to finding the back of the net.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If Nico was half the finisher that Monahan is he'd have 20+ goals by now. I do agree that he's a better playmaker already and will be a better player in the future, but Monahan is an elite finisher and Nico has struggled mightily when it comes to finding the back of the net.

Monahan is a good finisher, but half of the goals he's scored this year have been tap ins that I could finish.

There's a reason everyone who plays with Gaudreau gets a massive bump in production. The same isn't nearly as true for Hall, despite how good he's been this year.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

It is unlikely that Hischiervwill ever be as good as Monahan.

And don't let that poster hatred of Monahan fool you hebisss great player and Gaudreau definitely benefits a ton from playing with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->