WWE: Hall of Fame 2016

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Out of respect to him and his family, I'm glad camera phones and social media weren't around back then.

Not that I want to watch it, but did footage of the fall ever leak? Or did WWE destroy it?

I've never heard of any footage of the fall. From what I remember they were airing the promo for the match plus a Godfather interview when the fall happened so even most of the fans in the arena didn't see the fall.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
If it was a true Hall of Fame, they would've honoured the greats from before the WWF era like Ed Lewis or Lou Thesz, but that won't happen.

My choices of who I'd like to see, that could realistically happen:

Sting
Owen Hart
Freebirds
Stan Hansen
William Regal
Mike Rotunda (Irwin R. Schyster) - (they usually induct someone with a connection to a current roster member)
Molly Holly - (They induct a female wrestler every year, she's a good a choice as any)
Jushin Liger - (They seem to induct one international star each year)
Andy Kaufman - (celebrity wing)

There's many other deserving possibilities (Martel, Rude, Koloff), but I don't think my list is half bad. I'm sure they can (and probably will) do worse.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I don't know what the current situation is with Owen Hart, or if they need Martha's permission to induct him (his children are adults, so I assume it would be their decision now). But I'll never say anything bad about Martha for feeling the way she does. It may have been an accident, but it was also entirely preventable, and the responsibility for it lies with the company. If she still hates them because of it, can anyone really blame her?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
if freebirds go in wwe are just hypocrites...michael hayes has no problem saying racist things, but they act like hulk hogan doesn't exist..

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't know what the current situation is with Owen Hart, or if they need Martha's permission to induct him (his children are adults, so I assume it would be their decision now). But I'll never say anything bad about Martha for feeling the way she does. It may have been an accident, but it was also entirely preventable, and the responsibility for it lies with the company. If she still hates them because of it, can anyone really blame her?

Certainly. She has every right to be upset and hate them but she's essentially erasing his life work. He needs to be celebrated.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If it was a true Hall of Fame, they would've honoured the greats from before the WWF era like Ed Lewis or Lou Thesz, but that won't happen.

My choices of who I'd like to see, that could realistically happen:

Sting
Owen Hart
Freebirds
Stan Hansen
William Regal
Mike Rotunda (Irwin R. Schyster) - (they usually induct someone with a connection to a current roster member)
Molly Holly - (They induct a female wrestler every year, she's a good a choice as any)
Jushin Liger - (They seem to induct one international star each year)
Andy Kaufman - (celebrity wing)

There's many other deserving possibilities (Martel, Rude, Koloff), but I don't think my list is half bad. I'm sure they can (and probably will) do worse.

Needs to happen ASAP. They are showing territory stuff on the network now. Acknowledge it and celebrate it.

Martel should go in.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Certainly. She has every right to be upset and hate them but she's essentially erasing his life work. He needs to be celebrated.

Is she? The WWE has been putting Owen Hart matches on DVD for over 10 years now. Nothing has been erased, and everything is available on the network. Everyone agrees that Owen Hart needs to be celebrated, but The Owen Hart Foundation that Martha Hart started has been around for 15 years, and an authorized biography was made about Owen Hart in 1999.

I mean, Martha Hart had to sue the WWE because they weren't paying royalties to the estate for using him in DVDs. They fought paying those royalties for three years, finally settling in 2013. Doesn't that say it all? What does putting him into the WWE Hall of Fame accomplish, other than allowing the WWE to make another t-shirt to sell?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Out of respect to him and his family, I'm glad camera phones and social media weren't around back then.

Not that I want to watch it, but did footage of the fall ever leak? Or did WWE destroy it?

I'm sure they have destroyed it by now. The most that has ever been leaked are some still photos.

WWE can thank their lucky stars they ran a taped segment during his entrance on the PPV.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Needs to happen ASAP. They are showing territory stuff on the network now. Acknowledge it and celebrate it.

Martel should go in.

I don't think they own the Memphis territory video catalog, though. I think Lawler owns some of it, but they're unsure who has the rest (somehow).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->