WWE: Hall of Fame 2016

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I can't say I agree with any of that. Bret Hart was much more polished and easily one of the more charismatic figures to come through the WWF.

I still think anything the WWE does to profit off Owen Hart is disgusting.

So inducting him posthumously, into the WWE Hall of Fame, is profiting off of him?

I call it celebrating his legacy.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Owen story should be told and fans should see just how good he was. He's way too often forgotten when he should have been a legend. Out of all the terrible things that happen in life, Owen and the Hart story are 2 I just really can't jump too far in because it's just unfair and disgusting. Lives taken way too young. Families bickering over stuff that shouldn't be fought over. Just EASILY preventable stuff.

Owen's life was taken by a stupid stunt and he shouldn't even have stayed in the WWE. Davey Boy (good friend of Bret) died due to steroids that were too popular in that era. It's just amazing how wrestling ruined a family. Bret should have coasted the rest of his life and the moment from the Montreal Screw Job til today couldn't have gone worse.

But I digress. I think Owen should be celebrated. One way or another, fans should know what he did.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Owen story should be told and fans should see just how good he was. He's way too often forgotten when he should have been a legend. Out of all the terrible things that happen in life, Owen and the Hart story are 2 I just really can't jump too far in because it's just unfair and disgusting. Lives taken way too young. Families bickering over stuff that shouldn't be fought over. Just EASILY preventable stuff.

Owen's life was taken by a stupid stunt and he shouldn't even have stayed in the WWE. Davey Boy (good friend of Bret) died due to steroids that were too popular in that era. It's just amazing how wrestling ruined a family. Bret should have coasted the rest of his life and the moment from the Montreal Screw Job til today couldn't have gone worse.

But I digress. I think Owen should be celebrated. One way or another, fans should know what he did.

It goes beyond the Harts. Wrestling and the lifestyle that went with it in the 80s and 90s ended so many lives short. The amount of guys who have passed over the last few years is WAY to long.

Owen's story is heartbreaking as I agree. He should of been a legend and he is just a footnote now.

Want to see him celebrated and honored.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
It goes beyond the Harts. Wrestling and the lifestyle that went with it in the 80s and 90s ended so many lives short. The amount of guys who have passed over the last few years is WAY to long.

Owen's story is heartbreaking as I agree. He should of been a legend and he is just a footnote now.

Want to see him celebrated and honored.

I think what's makes Owen's tragedy worse is the he wasn't living the 'stereotypical lifestyle' of the 80s and 90s wrestler. He didn't drink heavily or do drugs. He was cheap on the road and was saving money for his family.

If I remember the story right they had just bought a new house shortly before he died. I'm not sure he would have made it to Ruthless Aggression era before retiring, but it would have been fun to see him in it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think what's makes Owen's tragedy worse is the he wasn't living the 'stereotypical lifestyle' of the 80s and 90s wrestler. He didn't drink heavily or do drugs. He was cheap on the road and was saving money for his family.

If I remember the story right they had just bought a new house shortly before he died. I'm not sure he would have made it to Ruthless Aggression era before retiring, but it would have been fun to see him in it.
He always talked about retiring from wrestling early to be at home with his family. He was going to be a firefighter.

S A W F T*

Out of respect to him and his family, I'm glad camera phones and social media weren't around back then.

Not that I want to watch it, but did footage of the fall ever leak? Or did WWE destroy it?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I've never seen anything close to legitimate out there so you'd have to think any footage no longer exists.

Bunch of sick people out there would be sharing the hell out of that. It wouldn't be hard to find if it existed.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There is footage of it, the WWE keep everything in their film vault, but it's never been aired. There may be some hand cam of it somewhere, but it's never come out.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It was dark when the fall happened from what I remember. They probably have footage of the time it happened but whether anything is really visible is another story.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Owen Hart was better than Bret at the mic.

Ehh... neither were any good. I watched some old RAWs on the Network recently, and Owen was much worse than I remembered.

It was dark when the fall happened from what I remember. They probably have footage of the time it happened but whether anything is really visible is another story.

I think I remember reading that there was footage of it shown in one of the Hart vs WWE lawsuits, but it has since been destroyed.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Owen was an excellent heel on the mic. He knew how to create heat.

The guy was brilliant and the whole thing is such a tragedy, and the fall out is worse. Just want to celebrate the guy. The WM 10 match against Bret, and the Summerslam cage match were both excellent,

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
I highly recommend that Owen Hart dvd that just came out. 1 dvd is a about an hour and 20 minute biography. 2nd is a half hour of some really funny stories (i literally lol'ed at a few of them) and some matches, and the 3rd disc is all matches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad