WWE: Hall of Fame 2016

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Very nice to see this...though I suppose that it's even more likely than before that he's officially retired. Kind of sucks that it could be an injury that makes him go out, rather than him going out on his own terms.

Will definitely be excited to watch his induction.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Well deserved obviously. He'll have an interesting speech I'm sure.

Now give me the hall of fame inductee I've been waiting YEARS to see - Owen Hart. I think this just might be the year...finally.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Rick Martel needs to go in the HOF, please. Long overdue for his lengthy contributions, and if he didn't get hurt in 1998, more modern fans would appreciate him even more.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's still one of the great travesties in wrestling that we never get to see Sting/Taker in a match. It's almost as bad as not doing Hogan-Flair in '92.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Well deserved obviously. He'll have an interesting speech I'm sure.

Now give me the hall of fame inductee I've been waiting YEARS to see - Owen Hart. I think this just might be the year...finally.

As much as I want to see this, and the fact they FINALLY released an Owen Hart blu-ray makes it seem possible, I just have no faith in Martha allowing this and allowing people to remember that Owen was a wrestler.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is it his widow that has been keeping him out, this whole time? Or does Bret have a say in it as well? :help:

It is pretty much all Martha.

Also congrats to Sting and yes his career is most likely over. He is old as dirt and is facing potential back surgery. He shouldn't be allowed to wrestle again even if he wants to.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Bret is most definitely not on Martha's side.

That whole story is pretty sad. Bret was by her side throughout the whole lawsuit, he even went to war with his family who were pressing to settle so that the other Hart kids would get chances with the WWE.

Bret fought that and it ended up destroying that whole Hart Family. Then once Martha had her settlement, she cut all of the Harts out of her and her kids life including Bret.

As much as we talk about the Hitman being bitter at times, he's earned it honestly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That whole story is pretty sad. Bret was by her side throughout the whole lawsuit, he even went to war with his family who were pressing to settle so that the other Hart kids would get chances with the WWE.

Bret fought that and it ended up destroying that whole Hart Family. Then once Martha had her settlement, she cut all of the Harts out of her and her kids life including Bret.

As much as we talk about the Hitman being bitter at times, he's earned it honestly.

Bitterness runs in the damn family it seems. Even if it isn't by blood.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Hart story, altogether, is just tragic. Wrestling made them a strong family and tore it apart. Deaths, fighting, etc. just ugly stuff.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Bret is no more bitter than the rest of us would be considering how his life has turned out over the last..almost 20 years.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Hart story, altogether, is just tragic. Wrestling made them a strong family and tore it apart. Deaths, fighting, etc. just ugly stuff.

Even more so in hindsight when you think of the heights Owen could of reached if he lived.

Nevermind all the things that helped limit Bret's career overall. Wrestling exploded in the 90s, but it seems it was more at Bret's expense. Guy is a footnote in all the key moments that created the attitude era.

Owen was the worst though. He was as good, if not better then Bret in the ring (which is REALLY saying something), but he also oozed charisma that Bret always lacked.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
He was as good, if not better then Bret in the ring (which is REALLY saying something), but he also oozed charisma that Bret always lacked.

I can't say I agree with any of that. Bret Hart was much more polished and easily one of the more charismatic figures to come through the WWF.

I still think anything the WWE does to profit off Owen Hart is disgusting.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Owen Hart was better than Bret at the mic.

Loads better. Go re watch Bret in the Hart Foundation or his IC Title run. The man can't cut a promo and literally looks like he doesn't want to talk at all when the mic is in his face.

Utterly brilliant in the ring, but the only time Bret was decent on the mic is when he is whining.

Owen was really good on the mic. He was a great heel, and could of been a great Attitude era/ruthless aggression face if he had more time.

I still say with confidence his career would of eclipsed Bret's. Really sad Martha won't let it go and let him go into the HOF and be celebrated.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Loads better. Go re watch Bret in the Hart Foundation or his IC Title run. The man can't cut a promo and literally looks like he doesn't want to talk at all when the mic is in his face.

Utterly brilliant in the ring, but the only time Bret was decent on the mic is when he is whining.

Owen was really good on the mic. He was a great heel, and could of been a great Attitude era/ruthless aggression face if he had more time.

I still say with confidence his career would of eclipsed Bret's. Really sad Martha won't let it go and let him go into the HOF and be celebrated.

There was always an awkwardness when Bret cut a promo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad