Halifax Mooseheads: 2018-2019 Thread

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Saw the Moose on Friday in Cape Breton. Despite their perfect record, they clearly need more time to establish themselves and their systems. Gravel was far-and-away the best Moosehead on Friday night.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Samuel Dube Halifax’s 2018 First Round Pick will be out indefinitely with a blood clot and he’ll be out for an unknown amount of time. Hope you makes a safe and fast recovery! Mooseheads play Quebec today and there’ll be 2 call ups Brock McLeod and Sonny Kabatay at the game as Raphael Lavoie, Jared McIssac, Ostap Safin, Joel Bishop, And Kyle Petten are out as well. This has been a problem since the start of the season but we’ve still been winning. Lets hope they can still play strong and win games. GO MOOSE GO!

Last edited:

MilanLucic27

Oct 5, 2018
Samuel Dube Halifax’s 2018 First Round Pick will be out indefinitely with a blood clot and he’ll be out for an unknown amount of time. Hope you makes a safe and fast recovery! Mooseheads play Quebec today and there’ll be 2 call ups Brock McLeod and Sonny Kabatay at the game as Raphael Lavoie, Jared McIssac, Ostap Safin, Joel Bishop, And Kyle Petten are out as well. This has been a problem since the start of the season but we’ve still been winning. Lets hope they can still play strong and win games. GO MOOSE GO!
Do you have any update on the guys that was missing in Quebec? Will anyone be in the lineup tonight?

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
E4CBB987-86E5-4F5C-B7F4-51D262AC5110.png

Only one returning tonight is Raphael Lavoie! Everyone else is still out. Cole McLaren is set to make his QMJHL debut today! Higgins moved to the 2nd line today. Really good third line. Gascon gets called up! Go Moose Go!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015

Despite not having Parent, Safin, Bishop, Dube, And Petten in the lineup the Mooseheads pulled off an 8-2 win against Charlottetown! this teams gonna be unreal once everyone’s healthy. McIssac is back! Go Moose Go!

MilanLucic27

Oct 5, 2018
Hey Halifax fans! Who's out of the lineup right now? I've seen that they're missing some top guys. Does anyone know any top player that won't play tonight vs acadie?

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hey Halifax fans! Who's out of the lineup right now? I've seen that they're missing some top guys. Does anyone know any top player that won't play tonight vs acadie?

Safin is likely still out with a lower body injury. Other than that Dube, Petten, and Bishop are still out but Safin is the only top guy that should be missing tonight.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Okay. For a team that’s played all games on the road and keeping an 8-2 record is absolutely insane. Alex Gravel has been playing absolutely incredible right now. He’s just recently been named QMJHL Player of the week and sits 3rd in save percentages. The Durandeau, Morand, Lavoie Line has combined for 37 points all together so far! Lavoie having 9 goals..! Might be room for a new goaltender but McLaren has been playing well! Other then that I don’t think any moves should be made as our 4th line has been mostly call ups but they’ve been playing very consistently! Brock McLeod and Denis Toner being the main guys. Remember that Ostap Safin is still out as well! Extremely excited for the rest of the season! About to get my tickets for the Home Opener October 27th!

GO MOOSE GO!

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Anyone have injury updates on Ostap Safin? He took a lower body injury in his 2nd game with Halifax and has been out for almost a month. I’ve read it’s been week-by-week to now day-by-day. Really hope he gets in action soon. Going to the Home Opener Saturday. Go Moose Go!

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Nevermind here’s my answer haha hope he’s on the ice Friday and/or Saturday! Go Moose Go!

563231B5-E0FB-48DD-B432-993A4789A4C1.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would be nice if they could get Alex Newhook to come to the Q.

That's not happening now. Newhook has gone down the BCHL road so he is eligible to play for Boston College in the NCAA next year. Exact same think Tyson Jost did. They risk draft value by playing in the BCHL in their draft year but at the end of the day, they will be 1st round NHL picks.

But yes, would be nice if we were able to convince him to play for the Mooseheads but probably is very low now.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Disappointing home opener losing 5-2 in front of a near sellout crowd.
Yup I’m super disappointed lol....... What a way to start a Home Opener was definitely an intense and fun game to watch though. Lots of work needs to be done on Passing and Defence.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
C24F33BD-E6C0-41D4-B8F5-75F47667FA32.png
By the looks of this picture we could be expecting Safin back in the lineup! Go Moose Go!

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Observations on how Groulx is progressing?
This kid is a defensive stud. Fantastic faceoff man. Checks opposition off pucks with ease. Strong skater. Always responsible. Has to be a coaches dream. Has some offence to his game. Decent hands and good hard accurate shot. He's an all situations player. Right now 1st powerplay and 1st penalty kill. Not really flashy so you have to watch to really admire how easy the game is for him. Think he'll have a good NHL career. He's also cleaned up his game and isn't taking many retaliation penalties.

MilanLucic27

Oct 5, 2018
What do you guys think about tonights game? If guys are focused and dialed in I'm not seeing Acadie having a chance to win this one... What you guys think?

TKFan29

Aug 28, 2018
Hey Moosehead fans, just making some plans to attend your fine city for the Memorial cup next May. I've got my downtown condo booked through AirBNB for the tournament already and we're looking forward to it as We've heard great things about the city and people of Halifax. A few questions....
How many season ticket holders do you have? just trying to get a feel for how many packages will be available come December 5th, when they go on sale to the general public. Will there be seats in the Red Sections? Which end do the Mooseheads shoot at in the 1st and 3rd periods? if there are any Season ticket holders who won't be attending who sit in the Red Sections Please DM me. I'm looking for two packages.

Any other insights on places to eat bars to check out etc are appreciated.

Thanks, Looking forward to visiting your fine city.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Hey Moosehead fans, just making some plans to attend your fine city for the Memorial cup next May. I've got my downtown condo booked through AirBNB for the tournament already and we're looking forward to it as We've heard great things about the city and people of Halifax. A few questions....
How many season ticket holders do you have? just trying to get a feel for how many packages will be available come December 5th, when they go on sale to the general public. Will there be seats in the Red Sections? Which end do the Mooseheads shoot at in the 1st and 3rd periods? if there are any Season ticket holders who won't be attending who sit in the Red Sections Please DM me. I'm looking for two packages.

Any other insights on places to eat bars to check out etc are appreciated.

Thanks, Looking forward to visiting your fine city.

Not sure the exact # of season ticket holders, but there were fewer than 125 seats in the lower bowl remaining before single tickets went on sale in September. So I assume there won't be many lower bowl seats left for Memorial Cup packages on Dec 5th. But if you go on ticket atlantic right away, you should get a couple in a good spot. You can pick your exact seats on there for regular season games using their interactive seating chart, so hopefully you'll be able to do that for Memorial Cup packages as well.

The Moose shoot towards the north end of the rink in the 1st and 3rd. That is, if you're in section 8, the Moose are shooting to your right.

You can't really go wrong with the food/drinks downtown before the game. HFXSports will have all the sports on their billions of TVs before the Sunday game (World Hockey Championship gold medal game should be that day). Maxwells has something like 100+ beers on tap, although their food can be iffy at times. The Midtown is a good spot for a simple steak and a beer.

Reactions: TKFan29

TKFan29

Aug 28, 2018
Not sure the exact # of season ticket holders, but there were fewer than 125 seats in the lower bowl remaining before single tickets went on sale in September. So I assume there won't be many lower bowl seats left for Memorial Cup packages on Dec 5th. But if you go on ticket atlantic right away, you should get a couple in a good spot. You can pick your exact seats on there for regular season games using their interactive seating chart, so hopefully you'll be able to do that for Memorial Cup packages as well.

The Moose shoot towards the north end of the rink in the 1st and 3rd. That is, if you're in section 8, the Moose are shooting to your right.

You can't really go wrong with the food/drinks downtown before the game. HFXSports will have all the sports on their billions of TVs before the Sunday game (World Hockey Championship gold medal game should be that day). Maxwells has something like 100+ beers on tap, although their food can be iffy at times. The Midtown is a good spot for a simple steak and a beer.

Cheers! thanks for the insight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad