Halifax Mooseheads: 2016-2017 Thread

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Great for Midge. He's been great ever since I dealt with him through the SMU hockey camps from when I was a kid. Did an excellent job as an assistant coach and deserves this shot.

How old are you out of curiousity? I just ask because I went to Dal's hockey school. Was in the Chebucto Atlantics system through most of the 90s.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
How old are you out of curiousity? I just ask because I went to Dal's hockey school. Was in the Chebucto Atlantics system through most of the 90s.

Just turned 25. Went through the TASA system from 1996 onward. Went to all the SMU camps when I was younger and ended up helping out with a couple of them when I was in bantam and midget.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
not much of a chance. He has in fact committed to go the US college route, like Newhook. Little chance either shows.

Haven't seen or heard of any commitment from Merritt. Must have been just through word of mouth. His mother does yoga classes for the mooseheads, I wonder if that would have any effect on his decision one way or the other? Having a close connection might help the mooseheads' case in getting him on the team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mooseheads need to get help on RW. Not many right handed shot forwards. And after this year, we lose Fortier and Moynihan (Shoots left but can play RW).

Mooseheads also need to get extra depth on D. Who might be a surprise this year (after the obvious)?

With Nico:
Durandeau / Hischier / Fortier
Zadina / Groulx / Moynihan
Parent / Lavoie / Higgins
Crossley / Bishop / Dachyshyn

McIsaac / Flower
Chainey / Barron
Jones / Lepage

Gravel
Mann-Dixon

With Somppi:
Durandeau / Groulx / Fortier
Zadina / Somppi / Moynihan

McIsaac / Flower
Chainey / Barron
Jones / Lepage

Gravel
Mann-Dixon

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Mooseheads need to get help on RW. Not many right handed shot forwards. And after this year, we lose Fortier and Moynihan (Shoots left but can play RW).

Mooseheads also need to get extra depth on D. Who might be a surprise this year (after the obvious)?

With Nico:

McIsaac / Flower
Chainey / Barron
Jones / Lepage

Gravel
Mann-Dixon

With Somppi:

McIsaac / Flower
Chainey / Barron
Jones / Lepage

Gravel
Mann-Dixon

i would put zadina easliy on first line and parent upto second

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Haven't seen or heard of any commitment from Merritt. Must have been just through word of mouth. His mother does yoga classes for the mooseheads, I wonder if that would have any effect on his decision one way or the other? Having a close connection might help the mooseheads' case in getting him on the team.

Merritt was also ranked high in USHL draft and fell to 7th round. Doesn't seem that he has committed to anything yet.

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/co...-silianoff-mancinelli-vukojevic-nodler-webber

From article:

23. Arlo Merritt, Kimball Union Academy, F, Shoots Left – The Halifax, Nova Scotia native is a high-end talent although he hasn't put up big numbers in prep because the Wildcats are a veteran team and he's buried on the third line. He has pro size, skates well and has a good first step. He has the ability to turn on a second gear to get around and create space on defenders. He thinks the game well and is good away from the puck. Several Hockey East schools are tracking him closely. The only concern is the possibility he goes to the Q.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com

With Nico:

McIsaac / Flower
Chainey / Barron
Jones / Lepage

Gravel
Mann-Dixon

With Somppi:

McIsaac / Flower
Chainey / Barron
Jones / Lepage

Gravel
Mann-Dixon

Really hoping we can graduate some players and bump Crossley/Jones.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Really hoping we can graduate some players and bump Crossley/Jones.

I'm not big on Crossley or Jones but we do need some 19 year olds to make the team. You may be surprised as how much production you get from them as 19 year olds playing against others who are same age or younger.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
I'm not big on Crossley or Jones but we do need some 19 year olds to make the team. You may be surprised as how much production you get from them as 19 year olds playing against others who are same age or younger.

Well, it sounds like the Moose will be having Crossley and Jones compete against each other for a spot this season with the addition of Kyte. Makes sense since 2018-2019 is our year.

http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/mooseheads-sign-defenceman-kyte

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Hmmm, very interesting. I mean if Crossley is somehow the best player he should make it but TBH I think his time is up. I truly hope the best man gets the job.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hmmm, very interesting. I mean if Crossley is somehow the best player he should make it but TBH I think his time is up. I truly hope the best man gets the job.

Crossley's versatility is an asset to have and we don't have many 19 year olds. He has to play pretty bad not to make it if you ask me.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Crossley's versatility is an asset to have and we don't have many 19 year olds. He has to play pretty bad not to make it if you ask me.

Unfortunately, he might be up to that task.

But yeah, versatility might save him. And who knows, maybe he pulls a Connor Moynihan and suddenly becomes a decent player as a 19 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad