Halifax Mooseheads: 2016-2017 Thread

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
So , Drafts tomorrow guys ! Anyone hearing any rumors ? Ant trades in the works ?

school-for-ants.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
in all seriousness, the main rumour, which really isnt a rumor is that Halifax is shopping their 7, 16 plus a prospect to get 1,2 and ? - probably as well in play would be a 2017 or 2018 1st round pick. Prices are sky high right now as everyone wants a piece of the top 2.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Welp .....it happened ! Moose Take Groulx 1st overall and then trade 7# 16# 24# and the Huskies 1st next year for the number 2 spot and Grab McIsaac . bold move , and a big price tag .

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Well, that's one way to solve the dilemma of who to pick first. Halifax has a bright future ahead of them and this might be the foudation for their next memorial cup run

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Had a feeling this was going to happen. We just had so many picks to play with, I figured Russell would find some way to get the #2 pick. And the last time we ended up getting the top two players in the draft it worked out pretty well for us. Also very glad to see we got a goalie with our third pick. I really love having good management.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Didn't I read somewhere that Gravel had a limited amount of teams he'd report to ? Really hoping he shows up for training camp , I feel with the Import draft still to come the only hole we have now is in net.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Didn't I read somewhere that Gravel had a limited amount of teams he'd report to ? Really hoping he shows up for training camp , I feel with the Import draft still to come the only hole we have now is in net.

Due to CHL rules we cannot draft an import goaltender. We will be riding Resop and Gravel this season barring a trade.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Will the huskies pick next year be a good one ?

They should stay fairly competitive but it could end up being a top 10 pick also. Lot of picks to give up for McIsaac, but none of the players they'd be getting with the other picks would be of his talent. They would have been getting a few players who may or may not pan out.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Due to CHL rules we cannot draft an import goaltender. We will be riding Resop and Gravel this season barring a trade.

Not sure he was suggesting we pick a goalie in import goalie, just that we will hopefully get another top scoring forward which still could be a need despite getting Groulx.

So what do the lines look like next year? I'm sure they will be flipping around a bit to start. I like the acquisition of Kennedy to give a little competition for the 20 year old spots.

Durandeau - Somppi - Fortier
Import - Groulx - Putintsev
Sorrentino - Bishop - Kennedy
Connor - Dachyshyn - Shewie/Watt

Crossley/Blain/Ben Higgins

Ford - Chainey
McIsaac - Flower
Nauss - Jones

Charlebois/Taillefer/Lepage

Resop
Gravel hopefully

Could move Groulx and McIsaac to top lines if they are performing. I am assuming O'Leary will not report, but you never know I guess. With other invites and possible surprises to come, there should be a good competition at training camp. Hopefully they make the best picks regardless of if they're returnees or not.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I might be adding this up wrong, but I think we actually took more players from Nova Scotia than from Quebec.

I remember them taking a chance on Jack Eichel a lot higher up.

Yeah, I think they learned their lesson on Eichel. The 7th round seems like a much more reasonable time to take a chance on a player. And if Wise does report, we might just end up with the three best players in this draft.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I might be adding this up wrong, but I think we actually took more players from Nova Scotia than from Quebec.

Yeah, I think they learned their lesson on Eichel. The 7th round seems like a much more reasonable time to take a chance on a player. And if Wise does report, we might just end up with the three best players in this draft.

Let the games begin when it comes to convincing him.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I'm pretty sure the two teams were Blainville and Halifax.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Let the games begin when it comes to convincing him.

Only real chance would be if he gets in an Auston Matthews situation and would rather play CHL than one year of college or overseas. If they get a good import pick he may look at the roster and be intrigued by who he could play with though.

Jul 10, 2010

I'm hyped about this draft without Wise reporting, if he does this teams got an exciting future

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I'm hyped about this draft without Wise reporting, if he does this teams got an exciting future

Groulx looks he could be something special. Going to be a lot of fun to watch. And we're probably going to add another top end forward at the import draft. I'm also looking forward to having a great defensive team, something we don't see often in Halifax. McIsaac and Chainey could be the core of a great D group in the coming years.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
They should stay fairly competitive but it could end up being a top 10 pick also. Lot of picks to give up for McIsaac, but none of the players they'd be getting with the other picks would be of his talent. They would have been getting a few players who may or may not pan out.

No chance its gonna be a top 10 pick the Huskies will be in the top 5 next year.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
No chance its gonna be a top 10 pick the Huskies will be in the top 5 next year.

Perron and Meier will both likely be gone as they're eligible for AHL next year. Marchand is done and he was a big part of their year also. Harvey should be good in net but hard to put up numbers like Marchand did. Brouillard gone. Sure they were a top team before they made their acquisitions and should remain competitive like I said, but it's still not out of the question that they slide to the middle of the pack.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
From reading Russell interviews it sounds like they still have some work to do in convincing Gravel to report. Also Gravel did not make any comments about being picked by Halifax on his quite active twitter feed which may seem like nothing, but says he is still likely undecided. Would be troubling for their goalie situation if he doesn't report.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad