Halfway point stats

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
It's been a year. If this isn't annoying you yet then what will?

To be fear the slump is not a year, since we had a better record in the last half of last season then the start of it, then our best start in ages this year. Although it has been a long time since we put together a convincing win.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
The thing I hate most about these slumps are the annoying fans making a stink out of it.

frabz-yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-overreaction-so-im-going-to-overreact-w-4770e9.jpg

I honestly despise coming here during these times.

I do believe I just saw the thread "Canucks in a tailspin" ... I'd call Tampa Bay a tailspin, not Vancouver.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
alot of the concerns in the best posts of the past two weeks are restatements of concerns expressed in these parts while the team was winning alot of hockey games in the second half of last season

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Booth has 1 goal in his last 25 games, a meaningless one against Edmonton. Not sure why people think that posters prediction is so crazy. ''But uhh he's working hard and like hitting and trying and goes to the net thats good enough for 4 million''

Thank you.

Booth fanboys are ridiculous. Hes a glorified Brandon Reid, skates fast, accomplishes literally nothing.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
To be fear the slump is not a year, since we had a better record in the last half of last season then the start of it, then our best start in ages this year. Although it has been a long time since we put together a convincing win.

I could not watch the games during the last half of last season and reconcile that with the record. Imo, the slump began late Dec. 2011.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I could not watch the games during the last half of last season and reconcile that with the record. Imo, the slump began late Dec. 2011.

What a load of crap. You can't call a team "slumping" when they had the second best record in the league during that time.

You can critique their play, that's fine. But they did what they had to do to win hockey games, and that's what elite teams do.

The mantra last year was "save it for the playoffs", so they put it on cruise control down the stretch, and still managed to win games by putting in minimal effort.

Just because arguably they're best player got concussed and we lost in the playoffs doesn't discount what a great year they had. They finished with the most points in the league for christ sakes.

Slumping is what they're doing right now, not last year. So technically they're in a 2 week slump. Considering the injuries to Kesler and Bieksa, and substandard goaltending as of late, I'm not overly concerned.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It's been a year. If this isn't annoying you yet then what will?
I understand BEING annoyed and deflated about the situation as a fan, but I find the fist-shaking, moaning, and entitlement, "they owe it to us to play better" mentality ridiculous and way more annoying.

To be honest, while I love the game itself, I generally can't stand the culture of being a hockey fan very much.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I understand BEING annoyed and deflated about the situation as a fan, but I find the fist-shaking, moaning, and entitlement, "they owe it to us to play better" mentality ridiculous and way more annoying.

To be honest, while I love the game itself, I generally can't stand the culture of being a hockey fan very much.

Haha yeah that's pretty much how I feel, I mean why does the OP say we're 20th in the league? Thankfully I have my own hockey pools, sim leagues, and two beer league teams so I'm not too bothered if the Canucks are in a slump.

Steve Bennett*

What a load of crap. You can't call a team "slumping" when they had the second best record in the league during that time.

You can critique their play, that's fine. But they did what they had to do to win hockey games, and that's what elite teams do.

The mantra last year was "save it for the playoffs", so they put it on cruise control down the stretch, and still managed to win games by putting in minimal effort.

Just because arguably they're best player got concussed and we lost in the playoffs doesn't discount what a great year they had. They finished with the most points in the league for christ sakes.

Slumping is what they're doing right now, not last year. So technically they're in a 2 week slump. Considering the injuries to Kesler and Bieksa, and substandard goaltending as of late, I'm not overly concerned.

Your thoughts on the team I find to be well balanced and mellow-headed. Those are pretty good points I must say. Coming to these boards you could put Canuck fans into two separate camps. Ones that are freaked out and say the team needs a revamp, and those that say they should stay the course. The analysis from each camp would lead an outsider to believe there are two completely different teams being talked about. I generally don't freak out at losses, and I've watched enough hockey to know that every great team goes through slumps every year - that being said I do tend to want a few things (listed below) and it is my opinion that AV should step aside.

Wheatley are you in the fire or keep AV camp? And I reckon the team needs to add another top 6 (top 3 whatever you want to call it) forward and perhaps a #3C quite Ott like. And now that I think about it a decent tough #7, kind of like Alberts was in 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad