Half team Russia not going to the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Simagin said:
possible replacements?

Bryzgalov :lol

Kalinin? Korolyuk? Brylin? Frolov?

:shakehead :banghead: :mad:

this poor poor Mr. Steblin and the FHR.....

:dunno:

Bryzgalov's a horse in the AHL. Crappy D, still has good numbers. Arguably better than Solokov.

Stanislav Chistov might also get a chance as a replacement if all these guys duck out. He has sick passing abilitity, but just can't finish.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
ducksflytogether said:
Bryzgalov's a horse in the AHL. Crappy D, still has good numbers. Arguably better than Solokov.

Stanislav Chistov might also get a chance as a replacement if all these guys duck out. He has sick passing abilitity, but just can't finish.

Listen, I know your a Ducks fan, so am I, but you just have to realize that Chistov sucked this season, he sucked big time, and there's one chance out of 1,000 that he'll be picked for the World Cup if 10 players on the team decline their selection!

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Listen, I know your a Ducks fan, so am I, but you just have to realize that Chistov sucked this season, he sucked big time, and there's one chance out of 1,000 that he'll be picked for the World Cup if 10 players on the team decline their selection!

I know Chistov sucked. I'm not stupid. That doesn't mean he doesn't have skill. He has sick passing skill, but just could not finish at all this season. I think he actually fixed that, though, when he lead the AHL in playoff goals untill Cincy got eliminated. Bad year or good year, he'll get a look.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Korolyuk, Saprykin and Frolov should get a look before Chistov..

Bryzgalov is a great prospect IMO, but if he started for Russia this year, the team is done.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Alot of people are going to get looks over Chistov, but there's talk of alot of people saying no. They'll consider him, or should, at least.

I'd probably take him over Korolyuk, and maybe Saprykin.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Markov said:
That's just crazy talk!

He's arguably more talented than both of them. He's also developed his hitting ability. He's gone a long way than from the start of 03/04.

The only reason people said he had a bad season was because he scored two goals. What people failed to see was that he had led the Ducks in PP points, and in assists, untill he was demoted. Then when he came up again, he scored a goal, got some assists, and had a couple big hits.

He's also realized that he has to work out over the summer, and probably is as we speak. If he gets stronger and in better shape by August, he'd probably be a better pick than Korolyuk. If his summer is like last year's, he doesn't deserve to watch them play.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
ducksflytogether said:
He's arguably more talented than both of them. He's also developed his hitting ability. He's gone a long way than from the start of 03/04.

The only reason people said he had a bad season was because he scored two goals. What people failed to see was that he had led the Ducks in PP points, and in assists, untill he was demoted. Then when he came up again, he scored a goal, got some assists, and had a couple big hits.

He's also realized that he has to work out over the summer, and probably is as we speak. If he gets stronger and in better shape by August, he'd probably be a better pick than Korolyuk. If his summer is like last year's, he doesn't deserve to watch them play.

It's always "what have you done for me lately?" with international things like this usually. Thus Chistov would be low on the list of invitees.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
forbesy said:
It's always "what have you done for me lately?" with international things like this usually. Thus Chistov would be low on the list of invitees.

I figure that, but Chistov's very good AHL playoffs(what was it, 8 goals in 9 games) could get him alot of consideration.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
To be honest I wouldn't mind if Sokolov was our no. 1 goalie at the World Cup.
He's a very good goalie, and the only reason he's not in the NHL is because he wants to stay home. I remember how Russia used Shtalenkov and Trefilov in Nagano and managed to reach the finals with a 5-0 record ... the goalies are overrated.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
He din't play in the World Championships either. He doesn't seem to care at all about his National team.

What the hell?

He played when he was selected : all the world champs until 1991, canada cup 91, world cup 96, nagano 98, salt lake 02

He never refused to play. He was always in the playoffs with the Wings, and anyway only Yashin played at the world champs. The Russians clearly didn't NHLers to play since 2000.

People who say Feorov doesn't care about the National team or already refused to play are ridiculous.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
To be honest I wouldn't mind if Sokolov was our no. 1 goalie at the World Cup.
He's a very good goalie, and the only reason he's not in the NHL is because he wants to stay home. I remember how Russia used Shtalenkov and Trefilov in Nagano and managed to reach the finals with a 5-0 record ... the goalies are overrated.

I don't know if you follow the NHL, but goalie is the most important part of a winning team. Show me a Stanley cup contender that has a crappy goalie.

And Sokolov, from what I've seen of him is NOT a good goalie. If he started in net for Russia, we'd be in ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad