• other (Who?)

• Babcock

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
still gotta give to Gallant, imo

no Stastny.... team on paper is still worse than most, and theyre 2 pts behind CGY

Last edited:

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
Peters, second place in the league with one of the worst goalie save percentages in smith

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Honestly, might as well be labelled the most surprising team award. Probably means Housley and Peters in the running due to the drastic increases of the teams.

Voted Cooper because of the insane lead, has to be at least partially his doing. But I just hate how the award has been handed out over the years.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Barry Trotz, and for once I think the 'AINEC' tag applies.

The Isles roster according to every 'expert' was supposed to be bottom five. Instead they are 2 points out from sharing the Division lead with the Caps. Goal differential is trending the right way too, it's been spectacular to watch to be honest.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Tough decision and I couldn't make up my mind. The homer in me wants to go with Bill Peters but there are so many other deserving candidates on the list.
Ended up choosing other just because.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Trotz took a bottom feeder that iced the worst defense over the past decade and that lost their franchise player over the off-season...and so far they're a playoff team with the 2nd best defense.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah idk about Gallant this time around. He's started making questionable decisions. Namely John Merrill and Nick Holden deployments and John Merrill in over Brad Hunt.

Also the Knights have been really bad with their shot accuracy, only masked by the fact that they shoot so much its not that obvious but Vegas seems to miss the net twice for every shot that actually gets on goal. Gallant derives success from being a player's coach but I really wish he'd enforce more intense and focused shooting drills.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Gallant needs more love.... just cus he won last year doesn't mean his team isnt overachieving anymore. Their additions in the off season arent even making a big difference (Pacioretty and Stastny)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Julien.....homer vote. I don't even like him much but I've just not heard a lot of hype about certain coaches this year unlike last year so it's hard to judge others.

Habs are having a great year - and not only that we're not simply doing it on the back of Carey Price (as could be expected) - the whole team is transformed and mostly playing hard. I figure coach gets some of that credit.

Idunkmyoreos

Sep 28, 2017
Cassidy - look at the Bruins record 24-14-4 and then consider the significant injuries 2 defensemen who have missed >20 games McAvoy & Miller ; Chara missed 19, Krug 11. At one point they had 6 of their top 7 defense all out at same time. Among forwards Bergeron and Debrusk each around 10

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
In Trotz case you have the interesting situation where you can compare the team before and after he arrived. The islanders went from historically bad defensively, 31st in goals against to 1st in goals against. Can’t see how he’s not the choice at this juncture.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
In Trotz case you have the interesting situation where you can compare the team before and after he arrived. The islanders went from historically bad defensively, 31st in goals against to 1st in goals against. Can’t see how he’s not the choice at this juncture.
pretty ridiculous stat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad