Injury Report: Haley out indefinitely

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I guess that explains DQ's forced decision to take him out of the lineup.
Too Haley's credit, he wasn't that bad in the beginning of the season..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Haley is more in the category of "does absolutely nothing" than "actively burns the team down." I'll give him that.

Hey..I was calling for DiGi all season long but Haley wasn't all that bad in the beginning of the season

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I'll never cheer for a player losing their ability to play and earn a living. But I don't really want that guy on the team so... I wish him a speedy recovery and I hope the Islanders pick him up for their playoff run at the deadline.:D

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
His last three games were all against the Islanders. In the first one he took on Ross Johnston who kind of towers over him and he took a lot of body shots. He did manage to get in a couple on Johnston but that's basically a mismatch. It may be from there that his injury happened.

Haley certainly isn't a great player by NHL standards. He's a decent AHL level player though which isn't nothing--you've got to be a pretty damned good player to play in the AHL. It's tough in a fighting role especially if you're not that big a guy. I don't hate players like that though most fans do but usually they're among the most popular players on the team. He's getting to the stage (and with this kind of injury) where he might want to think about hanging it up though. He's not exactly young and things aren't going to get easier for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00