Waived: Haley, Kolarik, Newbury, Sean Collins, Mike Vernace, Tommy Grant, Brendon Segal

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think a team may take a stab at Kolarik and Haley. I know I would if I was a lower-end team.

In other news Deveaux was waived by FLA. If I were the Rangers I would send a claim in.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I think a team may take a stab at Kolarik and Haley. I know I would if I was a lower-end team.

In other news Deveaux was waived by FLA. If I were the Rangers I would send a claim in.

yea Kolarik is likely the best player waived. I imagine CT will be getting some roster players soon , sounds like they need it

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Fans always think they borderline players will get picked up and it never happens. Guys like Kolarik and Haley are a dime a dozen, every team has them. Nobody needs to pick them up just in case there will be a rash of injuries. If that happens, they can be had for future considerations or at most a 7th round pick.

In addition, if you pick up a player, you have to expose someone else. Who do teams have that is protected who's worse than Kolarik? The only time guys get picked up is if they are viewed as being able to handle regular duty in the NHL, e.g., Weise, who I immediately said will get picked up.

Punxrocknyc19*

imagine if two of the Whale dman say Collins and Vernace would get claimed by say the Islanders or Jets for example, the Whale would need some help on defense....

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
By placing them on waivers, that means we can call them up during the season? Is that how it works? Not familiar with this.
They have to be placed on waivers to be assigned to Connecticut. They can be called up during the season, though. No re-entry waivers anymore.

Vickers8

Rather see Bickel play wing the 1st game instead of Haley or Newbury

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rather see Bickel play wing the 1st game instead of Haley or Newbury

I'm not a fan of Newbury, but Haley is a good option. He does everything Bickel does, but is more mobile. He's an agitator and pound-for-pound one of the toughest around. He can also kick Bickel's ass. ;)

Vickers8

I'm not a fan of Newbury, but Haley is a good option. He does everything Bickel does, but is more mobile. He's an agitator and pound-for-pound one of the toughest around. He can also kick Bickel's ass. ;)

You think the fishsticks put in a waiver claim for him?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You think the fishsticks put in a waiver claim for him?

I doubt it. We signed him for $600k per. They could have offered him that as well if they wanted him. But who knows, they're such a cracker-jack organization, anything is possible.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Newbury could be a serviceable ranger because he is torts type but he takes the stupidest penalties which then would put him in the doghouse immediately.

Kolarik is solid, I like him as a call up and Haley can fight and not embarrass himself out there during play.

Usually Torts goes with what he knows. So probably will be seeing Newbury if injuries arise.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Me too, I would love to see him murder Kaleta. :yo:

He would turtle, no way he would drop with Haley.

Kaleta is one of my most hated players in the league. Then I step back and say, well if I hate him this much, he must be doing his job.

It all stems from when he hit Mara high, breaking his nose. Then turtled the next game when Mara went after him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He would turtle, no way he would drop with Haley.

Kaleta is one of my most hated players in the league. Then I step back and say, well if I hate him this much, he must be doing his job.

It all stems from when he hit Mara high, breaking his nose. Then turtled the next game when Mara went after him.

That's usually the case, but Kaleta is just dirty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->