Signing(s): Halapoulivaati Vatai signs with the Lions (5 years, $50 million)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Did the Lions just pay more to downgrade or make a lateral move from the RT they just cut last week? Not that Wagner was all that good but this is an odd move.

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Did the Lions just pay more to downgrade or make a lateral move from the RT they just cut last week? Not that Wagner was all that good but this is an odd move.
Wagner was pretty terrible last year and he's always hurt so he needed to be cut. I actually wanted them to replace him with Vaitai but I thought 3 years at 5 or 6 million annually would get it done. This is massive overpayment.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Wagner was pretty terrible last year and he's always hurt so he needed to be cut. I actually wanted them to replace him with Vaitai but I thought 3 years at 5 or 6 million annually would get it done. This is massive overpayment.
They’re the Lions.

Though, to be fair, Riley Reiff and Wagner were no better

Reactions: DaaaaB's

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Really good run blocker which is where they needed help. Thats a lot of money for a guy who hasnt started before but he was also behind Peters and Johnson.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Now that the details have come out this contract isn't that bad at all. It's for $45mill not 50, cap hit is only 5.4mill this year and they can cut him after year two with no dead money. It's a very team friendly structure to the contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad