Hal Gill out with broken foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackdogs*

ej_pens said:
Yeah, because he was obviously being very serious.

:shakehead
Since he didn't use any emoticons to suggest he was joking he probably was being serious. I think so, and so do others. Why he would want to incite Canadian posters is beyond me. :dunno:

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Magro said:
Liles is nominated for team USA. Found out straight from his mouth ;)

Magro

Awesome, thanks for the news!
Is assume he has agreed?

ej_pens

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
mackdogs said:
Since he didn't use any emoticons to suggest he was joking he probably was being serious. I think so, and so do others. Why he would want to incite Canadian posters is beyond me. :dunno:

Probably because some people think it's funny to watch people go nuts over a stupid comment.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Magro said:
Yeah, I met him today at the training in Kassel. (He signed a "if lockout"-Contract with the Kassel Huskies). He had not much time because he has to get the airplane which brings him to team USA.

Magro

Thanks for the inside scoop!

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Magro said:
Yeah, I met him today at the training in Kassel. (He signed a "if lockout"-Contract with the Kassel Huskies). He had not much time because he has to get the airplane which brings him to team USA.

Magro

Great info Magro, thanks. He is a great kid, yes?
We will only keep him until we win the World Cup and then we will send him back. :D

Last edited:

Magro

bling said:
Great info Magro, thanks. He is a great kid, yes?
We will only keep him until we win the World Cup and then we will send him back. :D

Yeah, this would be good.
I talked with him shortly, he' s a very nice guy.... But I've told him that he isnt allowed to score against our team, if USA meets Germany in the finals. :joker: ;)
I hope he get's no injury at the World Cup. He will be a great improvement for the Huskies!

Magro

mackdogs*

ej_pens said:
Probably because some people think it's funny to watch people go nuts over a stupid comment.
I guess 'some people' really need a life. Besides, it's called trolling and isn't tolerated on these boards.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I know we lose a lot of size, but I personally don't think this is a downgrade at all going to Liles. The two players brought completely different games but in the end I'd personally take Liles to start with. One thing for sure is that the U.S. is going to have a very dynamic defensive core in the future with guys like Liles, Leopold, Martin, et al.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kimahri said:
Why hasn't Paul Mara been mentioned? I think he should have been picked ahead of Hal Gill. :shakehead

I would think maybe he declined to play...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Rob Paxon said:
I know we lose a lot of size, but I personally don't think this is a downgrade at all going to Liles. The two players brought completely different games but in the end I'd personally take Liles to start with. One thing for sure is that the U.S. is going to have a very dynamic defensive core in the future with guys like Liles, Leopold, Martin, et al.

In a way, alot of people are getting what they want: a younger presence on Team U.S.A. I see things shaping up this way:

Leetch/Miller
Chelios/Liles
Klee/Rafalski
Weinrich/Martin

Is that ideal? No, but it's nice mix of veteran, stay-at-home D-men, with younger, offensive gunners. We might be just fine.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
go kim johnsson said:
I would think maybe he declined to play...
Well he probably did decline, otherwise there is something seriously wrong with the people who pick the American teams, as I don't see how Klee, Weinrich, Gill, and to a lesser extent Martin, were even considered ahead of him. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad