Hal Gill out with broken foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Get David Hale.......soon NJ players will be the majority on team USA. In the future.....
Langenbrunner, Parise, Gomez, Rafalski, Hale, Martin :)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hatcher, Schneider, Leopold, and now Gill, all out of the tournament!!! :banghead:

I guess they could get Liles out there and pair him with Rafalski!! The smallest blueline in history!!!! Seriously though, I would go for Bret Hedican, Sean Hill, or Mark Eaton. I wouldn't mind Berard, but he's a defensive liability most of the time.

Vic Rattlehead*

The Friendly Giant has broken his foot.....

Poor USA, their blueline is quickly getting depleted.

mcfara

Jul 26, 2004
US defense/goaltending is definately a liability, i am not worried about the offense but the defense is going to be drastically worse than in '96 and '02. i can't see us making a run unless one of the unproven goaltenders stands on his head

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
wow, i forgot about sean hill and brett hedican. i think they'd both be solid options

berard could be good if he was paired with a more responsible player like chelios or klee

i hope for the USA's sake that they dont take tom poti just because he's big. he's a big goof is what he is

if anyone else gets injured, maybe al iafrate would like to come out of retirement?

Vic Rattlehead*

Owen Wilson said:
Its Komi Time!!!
Berard, Poti, Hill, Hedican, Liles, and a couple of more defenceman will be considered before Komisarek.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I would like to see the Americans go completely off the radar and pick Ryan Whitney to replace Gill. He'll eventually be the cornerstone of the American defense and will need to start somewhere.

Reilly311

I doubt any canadians would have blocked a shot in a exhibition game.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
19bruins19 said:
Berard, Poti, Hill, Hedican, Liles, and a couple of more defenceman will be considered before Komisarek.

:joker: I think he was saying that tongue-in-cheek...

At least I hope he was. Komisarek will hopefully be a part of the US men's team for years to come, but he hasn't earned a spot yet.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Reilly311 said:

yeah, and i doubt anyone but gill is stupid enough to. did he do it on purpose, or did he just get hit with a shot?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'd go with Hill. They need someone with a mean streak and he's plays with an edge. Plus, he's got some offensive game as well. Team USA certainly doesn't have the reserves on the blueline like Canada does but you just need a guy to play a role on the team.

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Reilly311 said:

:lol:

I know, no way is there a Canadian who could match the heart and guts of the legendary fearless warrior that is known as Hal Gill... We are not talking about just anybody here, this is the guy who has made Bruin fans forget Bobby Orr even existed.

must now bow down to the great product of the good ol us of a, the almighty one himself none other then.. yes, you guessed it, Hal Gill :bow: :bow: Hal will surely be missed :bow: :bow:

Last edited:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Johnny said:

I know, no way is there a Canadian who could match the heart and guts of the legendary fearless warrior that is known as Hal Gill... We are not talking about just anybody here, this is the guy who has made Bruin fans forget Bobby Orr even existed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

well played, sir. well played indeed....

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Johnny said:

must now bow down to the great product of the good ol us of a, the almighty one himself none other then.. yes, you guessed it, Hal Gill :bow: :bow: Hal will surely be missed :bow:

OWNED! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->