News Article: Hakstol world tour

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
From Sportsnet.ca

HAKSTOL WORLD TOUR

Dave Hakstol could be sitting on a beach or playing golf or doing anything he wanted right now. The former coach of the Philadelphia Flyers will continue to be paid by the NHL team through the end of next season.

Instead he found himself in Stockholm this week, going behind-the-scenes with Tre Kronor coach Rickard Gronborg and his staff during the Beijer Hockey Games tournament. Hakstol’s visit was documented by well-respected Swedish hockey journalist Uffe Bodin here.

The coach told Bodin that he hasn’t felt the need to take a break from the game, despite being urged by friends to do so after he was fired by the Flyers in December.

During their time together, Hakstol and Gronborg exchanged best practices and kicked around different ideas for running a team. Taking that kind of initiative and adopting a growth mindset should be beneficial when Hakstol gets his next job.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
From Sportsnet.ca

HAKSTOL WORLD TOUR

Dave Hakstol could be sitting on a beach or playing golf or doing anything he wanted right now. The former coach of the Philadelphia Flyers will continue to be paid by the NHL team through the end of next season.

Instead he found himself in Stockholm this week, going behind-the-scenes with Tre Kronor coach Rickard Gronborg and his staff during the Beijer Hockey Games tournament. Hakstol’s visit was documented by well-respected Swedish hockey journalist Uffe Bodin here.

The coach told Bodin that he hasn’t felt the need to take a break from the game, despite being urged by friends to do so after he was fired by the Flyers in December.

During their time together, Hakstol and Gronborg exchanged best practices and kicked around different ideas for running a team. Taking that kind of initiative and adopting a growth mindset should be beneficial when Hakstol gets his next job.
Lol hexy can't wait to get that Edmonton job so he can hire this jabroni again.The character, hard work and respec lol!!!

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Well, to tell you the truth, there are a lot of teams around here I wouldn't mind having Hakstol as a coach. Start with CSKA for example.

I am not a big fan of KHL - so if they could clone him to coach all teams (aside from the Chinese one who could take Mike Keenan again), that would be great

And maybe not Jokerit, I am not going to wish that on you :laugh:

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
I am not a big fan of KHL - so if they could clone him to coach all teams (aside from the Chinese one who could take Mike Keenan again), that would be great

Thanks, man! There are also some Finnish teams who should be hakshelled. And the whole of Sweden too. :D

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Dummy college coach.....

I hope he gets a job somewhere very very far away. I can't see him being an NHL coach ever again. But some team I 'm sure will be dumb enough....look at Berube.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth

If you think you can send him to Lokomotiv Yaroslavl that easily, you should know one thing:
I WILL FIGHT UNTIL I DIE!!!
ready-to-fight-bruce-lee.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Are you the one who was talking about Trotz's sustainability with the Islanders? I can't remember.

Oh, I don't think Berube's a great coach, but he's not the disaster area some would suggest. He's better than Gordon.

Flyers didn't fall apart his second season, they were just meh, but the talent was pretty thin, sure they had five solid forwards plus Raffl and Read, but the bottom six included Vinnie, Umberger, White, PEB, and VdV. And your best defensemen were Streit at 37 and MDZ, with MacDonald, Schultz, Colaiavoco, L Schenn and Grossman after they traded Coburn.

He coaches a very conservative style that's a bit out of date, but it's not like Trotz is a new fangled type coach either.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
As much as I disliked Hakstol at the end of his tenure here, I don't understand why you guys are shitting all over him for doing something like this and act like he can't better himself as a coach in the NHL. It did not work out here, so they fired him, but that doesn't mean he can't be a successful coach in the NHL.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
As much as I disliked Hakstol at the end of his tenure here, I don't understand why you guys are ****ting all over him for doing something like this and act like he can't better himself as a coach in the NHL. It did not work out here, so they fired him, but that doesn't mean he can't be a successful coach in the NHL.
too soon. give it,say 5 yrs. then the shit pile won't be so high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->