Hainsey Marleau Dad Appreciation

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Marleau/Hainsey and the Goat are the only ones I don't like on this team.

Marleau I can live with, even though his impact isn't good (can still finish), but his contract is bad.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i seriously dont know why with you guys, every year, no matter what, there must be some1 on the roster that you biatch about no matter what, theres gotta be a whipping boy that you whip until they're off the team

since everyone is young and part of the core mainly, its really gotta, must be marleau...who else...but the guy is still playing really well out there, his play doesnt warrant any hate at all really

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
I like both players but their time in the NHL should be at an end soon.

Marleau seriously lost a step this year, skill is still there but can't keep up with the game. I hope his contract is unloaded somehow in the off season.

Hainsey poor guy, fights hard but his age really shows, if he is brought back next year I hope it's as a 6/7 dman, definitely not top pair.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
In my opinion, Marleau does not look good with Matthews but he fits next to Kadri. This summer it's either him or Zaitsev that go for cap reasons. I like both but those are not cap friendly contracts.

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
Sounds like the consensus is that they're good enough, these Dads,

They are maybe underappreciated for their Dadness, and overcompensated, perhaps, for their Rawdad hockey skills.

So be it.

"Sooner or later,
You'll have to see,
Cause and effect." -Neil

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Marleau is hot and on pace for 47 points this season. I think he can get 50 points. He is still good and just because he's not magical on Matthews wing doesn't mean he can't contribute.

Dad's are awesome .

Reactions: Confucius and slozo

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
We still need Veterans on this team, especially with all the younger guys we have. That kind of work ethic and demeanor is HUGE for our young guys, especially being buddies with Matthews and Marner. In the playoffs is where his worth will show... had 4 goals in 7 games last year, and 3 in 6 with SJ the year before, he still brings it.

Call me crazy with all our firepower but I truly think any chance of a cup is going to be through bottom 6 depth, and I see Kadri and Marleau as being HUGE pieces for us that could make all the difference.

Reactions: Confucius

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I'm very, very fine with Marleau's production and value on this team currently.
I think he's the ideal "high class" 2nd tier forward for a cup contending team.
He's old for the league . . . but he's hungry.

Same with Hainsey - who I gotta say, is an awesome interview and overall a sharp and witty guy.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
It's literally Moms' Night?.. Jesus, Mother, and Mary!!!

From one Dad to another,

In my own special way. Thank you Mom!!!!

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Too much Marleau bashing these days.

I'm sorry, but no one cried about his contract last year.

He was on pace for 50 points, but he's now stuck with Kadri.

Marleau is fine.

He's still good for 20 goals.

He's always been fine.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Too much Marleau bashing these days.

I'm sorry, but no one cried about his contract last year.

He was on pace for 50 points, but he's now stuck with Kadri.

Marleau is fine.

He's still good for 20 goals.

He's always been fine.

No one cares about Marleau being on the team. The issue is that the cap crunch means having Marleau basically means we lose some quality depth pieces only for Marleau to retire the next year.

would rather move him and give his salary to Gardiner.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
No one cares about Marleau being on the team. The issue is that the cap crunch means having Marleau basically means we lose some quality depth pieces only for Marleau to retire the next year.

would rather move him and give his salary to Gardiner.

I don't care for the choices you gave me. I like Marleau as a leaf. I don't care for Gardiner much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad