Recalled/Assigned: Hackett Recalled, Dowell back down.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Finally, Backs gets a game off. Long over due for it the way he's been lately. Honestly I'd like to see him sit both Friday and Saturday, but we all know that he's starting on Saturday.

J22*

somebody should post that "Backs not on team flight" on the trade board. E3

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I'd love to see Backs get about 3 games off. Let Kuemper, Hackett and Harding get aother start. ( I know it won't happen but, a guy can wish right)

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I'd love to see Backs get about 3 games off. Let Kuemper, Hackett and Harding get aother start. ( I know it won't happen but, a guy can wish right)
Well, considering the fact that last time we saw Harding he was sucking majorly, I definitely don't wish that at all.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
with the playoff race this tight there's no chance they sit backs more than one game in a row.
Would make it interesting if whoever starts in Dallas had a high-workload shutout though...

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yes, Backs needs some rest. You can tell very early in the game if he's sharp or not. Look at the game stoppages and how fast/slow he rises up while using his stick for a support.

How poised he is? How positioned he is? Lateral movement, recovery etc. He's not fast, he's the Heatley of the goalies. But when he is ON everything just happens with ease. When he's off, you can feel the struggle in your bones.

Call me delusional, but after a couple of minutes you can tell if Backs is IN the game or not. I mean, he's not that bad when he's off. But still. He's had his workload. A couple of days will not harm anyone. I think Backs has already played more games than they've planned.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Backstrom is Backstrom. He's pretty much guaranteed to give up one goal a game no matter what, the rest depend on whether or not the D lays him out to dry.
Last night, one goal was his fault. The rest he was laid out to dry. Same with Dallas. Etc, etc.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Finally, Backs gets a game off. Long over due for it the way he's been lately. Honestly I'd like to see him sit both Friday and Saturday, but we all know that he's starting on Saturday.

Saturday's a big game... he's got a couple days off to stay at home and relax. I think it's as much a mental relaxation he needs as a physical one. I think he'll be good to go come Saturday night.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Yes, Backs needs some rest. You can tell very early in the game if he's sharp or not. Look at the game stoppages and how fast/slow he rises up while using his stick for a support.

How poised he is? How positioned he is? Lateral movement, recovery etc. He's not fast, he's the Heatley of the goalies. But when he is ON everything just happens with ease. When he's off, you can feel the struggle in your bones.

Call me delusional, but after a couple of minutes you can tell if Backs is IN the game or not. I mean, he's not that bad when he's off. But still. He's had his workload. A couple of days will not harm anyone. I think Backs has already played more games than they've planned.

I'm in total agreement. When Backs goes down early and flops around on seemingly routine saves, he's gonna give you a poor game. That Chicago game where he let in 4 goals in the 1st period was a prime example. You could tell after the 1st goal he was off, and after the 2nd goal he was REALLY off.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So, does Backs buy a cold six pack of his favorite Finnish beer, make a big bowl of popcorn, build a fire, cuddle with his snuggly-blanky and watch the game on his 80" Toshiba Regza tonight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad