Pre-Game Talk: #HabsHawks (09/12/2018 ; 18:00 PM ; SN, SN1, NHLN-US, NBCSCH, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I say give this game to Anti-Niemi, he would be playing against his old team and a good opportunity to build some confidence.

Reactions: Forum93

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I say give this game to Anti-Niemi, he would be playing against his old team and a good opportunity to build some confidence.

Niemi’s confidence means very little in comparison to Price who we absolutely need to get going. We had 3 days off. The way I see it is Price should get Chicago and Niemi gets Minnesota. Price has given up 12 goals against Minnesota his last two starts in that building.

Reactions: Victorius

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Maybe you are right. On second thought, yes I would offer up one of Suzuki, Poehling, Brook. But no way in hell on Kotka.
It would probably take two prospects and a pick, but no harm in inquiring, after all MB has an inside track being a former employee.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Niemi’s confidence means very little in comparison to Price who we absolutely need to get going. We had 3 days off. The way I see it is Price should get Chicago and Niemi gets Minnesota. Price has given up 12 goals against Minnesota his last two starts in that building.

Pricer played a lot recently and getting Niemi going is also important in the long run this season

We pay Pricer to win us against the better teams and he already got two freebies against Ottawa to build his confidence.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Wounded animals are the most dangerous. Chicago is struggling mightily and the Habs can’t take a 2-8 team lightly.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Pricer played a lot recently and getting Niemi going is also important in the long run this season

We pay Pricer to win us against the better teams and he already got two freebies against Ottawa to build his confidence.
Fair point but my counterpoint would be to play the thoroughbred since this is not a back to back scenario.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is about as positive a post as I've seen from you, maybe they'll actually lose this game!

I try to post objectively, but virtually all of us have certain biases whether we realize it or not. Fandom gets in the way, sometimes.

That specific post was intended to be neutral, actually.

Reactions: groovejuice

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Guess Saturday belongs to the Leafs now. HNIC must be so pumped.

Reactions: 26Mats

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Maybe you are right. On second thought, yes I would offer up one of Suzuki, Poehling, Brook. But no way in hell on Kotka.

A trade for JT begins with our 2019 first plus one of Suzuki or Kotka, and still you would need to add something else.....it's not happening anyway, and JT has a NMC anyway

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Fair point but my counterpoint would be to play the thoroughbred since this is not a back to back scenario.

Price just played B2b less than a week ago and is overdue for a break.

Lets play it safe especially since he's an injury prone goalie. For the big picture, the better rested goalies seem more likely to play better down the stretch than the "work horses" in recent history anyways.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Guess I'll be forced to watch the Leafs light up Halak or Rask. Maybe Colorado vs Lightning will provide some entertainment.

Sunday, we'll beat Chicago and watch our future #1 Center play his last season as a Hawk.

Is that the Hockey Night in Canada CBC game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad