Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Depending on who goes, Canada could be stacked up front

Benn McDavid Seguin
Tavares Barzel Bailey
Hoffman Duchene Stone
Monahan Toews O'Reilly
Spooner, Skinner, Drouin

Wow, didn’t realize all these players are out of the playoffs. If they say yes, Canada’s forwards will be crazy stacked.

Reactions: ArsHabs

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
De La Rose was decent as a junior, his development has been a bit disappointing. He has an interesting background, his ancestors came to Sweden in the early 17th century from what is now the French speaking area of Belgium (Wallonia). They were offered land and work because they were known as expert ironworkers and blacksmiths., basically artisans and apart from hockey D-men Sweden has a lot of iron ore and timber. They had a great success story in Sweden and there are well known names like De Geer, Dubois, Hubinet etc. My best friend when I grew up had ancestors from there, his family's name originally was De La Roos but they took off the the De La and became Roos.

giphy.gif

He is perfect, we will keep him forever.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Benn McDavid Seguin
Tavares Barzel Bailey
Hoffman Duchene Stone
Monahan Toews O'Reilly
Spooner, Skinner, Drouin

Monahan has been out for a couple of weeks with an upper and lower body injury. Extremely unlikely he'll be on the team.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Monahan has been out for a couple of weeks with an upper and lower body injury. Extremely unlikely he'll be on the team.

Players are dropping like flies. Torpcheck, Huberdeau, Eckblad, and Luongo may soon be added to the invitation list. But will they accept?

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Players are dropping like flies. Torpcheck, Huberdeau, Eckblad, and Luongo may soon be added to the invitation list. But will they accept?

Don't forget there can be a few additions from teams with 1st round exits. It will be a very good team regardless. Goaltending is a bit of a question mark though.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Don't forget there can be a few additions from teams with 1st round exits. It will be a very good team regardless. Goaltending is a bit of a question mark though.

Would be fun to see as many of the stars play together since we didn't get to see...

Barzal Crosby Tavares
McKinnon McDavid Hall
Stamkos Seguin Giroux
Staal Bergeron Marchand
Benn, Couturier, Marchessault, Tropcheck

.. in South Korea.

Too bad Betman is the same class of idiot as Bergevin.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Benn McDavid Seguin
Tavares Barzel Bailey
Hoffman Duchene Stone
Monahan Toews O'Reilly
Spooner, Skinner, Drouin

That is one hell of a good offense. I wonder if NHL players will take part in the 2022 Olympics, Sweden could have a nice D if the development goes OK:

EK Dahlin
Hedman Boqvist
OEL Ekholm
Strålman Sandin

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
That is one hell of a good offense. I wonder if NHL players will take part in the 2022 Olympics, Sweden could have a nice D if the development goes OK:

EK Dahlin
Hedman Boqvist
OEL Ekholm
Strålman Sandin

Sweeden is producing the best dmen lately. That will be the best dcore in 2022 - and at the World Cup of Hockey in 2020.

In the near future, we may see a Norris Trophy finalist list of Karlesson, Hedman, and Dahlin.

I just hope that list includes a Hab.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

EK Dahlin
Hedman Boqvist
OEL Ekholm
Strålman Sandin

I imagine the likes of Salming and Lidstrom have made the D position very sexy among Swedish youth for decades now. It just keeps getting better!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I imagine the likes of Salming and Lidstrom have made the D position very sexy among Swedish youth for decades now. It just keeps getting better!

When we saw the reception Salming received in the Canada Cup when Sweden played the first game in Toronto, we realized he was very good. The first D star in Sweden was otherwise Lennart Svedberg, known as Lill-Strimma Svedberg, he was an offensive D and the first and only western European player invited to train under Soviet's famous coach Tarasov. He was the main reason Sweden beat the Soviet Union in 1970 (4-2 and the first time in 7 years). He was named the best defenseman in the WC in 1970. Unfortunately he was killed in a road accident only 28 years old (drunk driving). I have heard that he was the main reason Salming chose to play D.

upload_2018-4-2_16-26-50.png

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
When we saw the reception Salming received in the Canada Cup when Sweden played the first game in Toronto, we realized he was very good. The first D star in Sweden was otherwise Lennart Svedberg, known as Lill-Strimma Svedberg, he was an offensive D and the first and only western European player invited to train under Soviet's famous coach Tarasov. He was the main reason Sweden beat the Soviet Union in 1970 (4-2 and the first time in 7 years). He was named the best defenseman in the WC in 1970. Unfortunately he was killed in a road accident only 28 years old (drunk driving). I have heard that he was the main reason Salming chose to play D.

View attachment 109777

Makes me think, it would be nice if young Montrealers and Quebecers still had Subban to look up to in Montreal.

But we have an arrogant idiot as GM, who, like Chip Kelly in his brief stint in the NFL, thinks he's more important than his stars. Notice the difference between Bergevin and Chip Kelly is that Kelly got fired right away when it was apparent he wasn't building winning teams, but destroying them.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

View attachment 109777

I hadn't heard of Svedberg before. Thanks for the history lesson. :)

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

EK Dahlin
Hedman Boqvist
OEL Ekholm
Strålman Sandin
Bjornfot is probably a better prospect than Sandin, but its just nitpicking at that point

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Barzal just accepted and he mentioned McDavid was coming.

The worlds will be worth watching just to see those two play.

Would be great if some stars played on their wings, or if Drouin got a chance because so many declined. Drouin could learn a thing or two about using skill and talent to actually create scoring chances as opposed to wandering around aimlessly, stickhandling into the corner and turning it over.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Barzal just accepted and he mentioned McDavid was coming.

The worlds will be worth watching just to see those two play.

Would be great if some stars played on their wings, or if Drouin got a chance because so many declined. Drouin could learn a thing or two about using skill and talent to actually create scoring chances as opposed to wandering around aimlessly, stickhandling into the corner and turning it over.

Indeed, with their skating capabilities I bet they love they large ice surfaces.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad