Post-Game Talk: Habs win over Avs 2-1

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Drouin has always been visible in no hitters. I like you am curious to see how he holds up in the post season.
We never got to see him play in our run.

and not surprisingly went to the finals.

I'm happy for Drouin he's in a better environment for him, I just hope people don't look at his point totals there and start bashing the team for moving on.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Yes folks want great pick and I get it but establishing a no quit winning culture is also important. I personally want this young group to build swagger. They will still get a top 10 pick.
The difference between Habs fans and Loaf fans, sanity and class!!!!!

I'm a fan of Evans. Didn't watch him game in and game out at Notre Dame, but when he joined Laval, he won me over. He started his rookie year as Laval's 4C and by the end of that year, he was their 1C. And then he established himself asn every day NHL'er. To watch him grow like that as a 7th round pick, you can't help but route for him.

He might not produce much, but the things he does are the kinds of things winning teams have in their line-up. He's not un untouchable by any means. But I'm not out here saying they need to move on from Evans. Habs have bigger fish to fry than dealing with Evans.
I have to admit wasn’t a big fan of his, but I’ve done a 180!

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
There is no question in my mind that these young guys are serious about the game. They laugh and joke around, as they should, but they train hard and with to improve. We hear about the training they do. These guys want to win.

They are losing, but not getting blown out. Losing stinks but they see for themselves that they are typically always in the game. So without question for me, they talk about when Dach is back, that by next year there will be another year of improved play due to development for like 6 guys, and that more skilled players are coming. We have a good bunch. The culture being developed is good.
Hockey equivalent of the old St Louis Cardinals “Gas House Gang “ IMO!

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
There is no question in my mind that these young guys are serious about the game. They laugh and joke around, as they should, but they train hard and with to improve. We hear about the training they do. These guys want to win.

They are losing, but not getting blown out. Losing stinks but they see for themselves that they are typically always in the game. So without question for me, they talk about when Dach is back, that by next year there will be another year of improved play due to development for like 6 guys, and that more skilled players are coming. We have a good bunch. The culture being developed is good.
well said! We're accumulating young talent, and creating an environment where they all get to make each other better.

Reactions: cphabs and yianik

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The difference between Habs fans and Loaf fans, sanity and class!!!!!

I have to admit wasn’t a big fan of his, but I’ve done a 180!
I liked Evans a lot we he first graduated.
I was scared for him after another concussion (Shitfly) and felt he was going to be vulnerable going forward but he's come through it well.
I soured on him last season when he clearly pouted for most of the year after being given a fourth line role.
He picked it up towards the end of the season when he got bumped because of injuries.
This year he's been steady throughout and has accepted his role no matter who he has played with.
I think he needs better line-mates if he's to be relegated again next season.
But he can take solace in the fact that we will use him in situational moments and he will always get decent ice time.
I'm not sure what Hughes is going to do but we have pieces that don't fit together very well.
Personally I've always thought of Evans as a 3rd line center. But Dvorak had the higher pedigree.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
One play that stood out for me last night was when Guhle took off like he was shot from a cannon to create a 2 on 1. They didn't score but to see that much speed from Guhle was quite awesome to see.

Reactions: bel33

Jul 6, 2016
That's what the Kraken, Flames, Penguins and Sabres are doing.
I don’t care about these teams. What I am saying is that would had been more encouraging to see the Habs trying very hard to make the Playoffs like Philly is doing. With a complete, heathy roster, the Habs are as good if not better than the Flyers. By trading Monahan, they just threw the towel on the season. Management was not interested to do better this season.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
One play that stood out for me last night was when Guhle took off like he was shot from a cannon to create a 2 on 1. They didn't score but to see that much speed from Guhle was quite awesome to see.
One play that stood out for me was Andrew Cogliano snapping his head everywhere when Harris’ stick barely grazed him. Just for comedic purposes. The call was warranted but the embellishment was sad.

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Possibly Lindstrom. I think he'll be there at 5, but not 7
Possibly, and he could be a great player.. I still think having the 7th pick should net us an awesome player. Some players in recent history who've gone 7th or later include William Nylander, Quinn Hughes, Rantanen, Zegras, etc ... Even Suzuki dropped to 14th.

If our scouting department has been doing their job, there's no reason why whoever we pick at 7th can't be a key player for us in a few years ... We can always get lucky and move up anyways

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
People who don't appreciate Jake Evans don't realize what 4Cs look like across the NHL.

He has a role, he does his role very well and he has enough offensive skill that plays don't die with him. Surround him with some better players 5 on 5 and he'll look even better. But his face-off skills and PK prowess are so valuable.

I think he's the long term answer at 4C for us.
He’s a guy a lot of us want to see the habs win a cup with, barring he hits another gear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad