Habs win! Budaj gets the shutout!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He also threw in our 1st in there in exchange for a 3rd...so no thanks.

COL apparently doesn't want an offensive center in the deal anyway. I believe their beat writer Dater tweeted it a few days ago.

as much as non-habfans are underrating him, I think Eller's in the deal + a couple of our 2nds + maybe a beaulieu or Ellis. I think Palushaj caught Aves attention :laugh:

Apr 28, 2010
I don't think so....

ROR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Desharnais
1st and Beaulieu balance that out plus Montreal would be getting a third back.

The first being given up by Montreal would in the 20-25 Range as it stands today and would only get lower with ROR in the lineup for Montreal.

Don't forget ROR was a 1st rounder himself. He's a perfect fit for Montreal.
Young, big and plays big and puts points on the board.

I would love RoR in a habs jersey too. But the asking price is too much! Not only he's asking for a 4.5-5mil a year, we would have to give up a top-9 player and a prospect too.

Only way to pull this off if MB can somehow trade kaberle+prospect to colorado. But I dont see it happening really.

Brass

Nov 14, 2007
laurentides
I'm gonna pop some tags Only got 20$ in mah pocket !

I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up

this is ****** Awesome !

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Well to be fair, ROR is only 6' tall and he was a 2nd rounder. ;)

Stand corrected on the draft status but his 6' 205 lbs and the way he plays is exactly what Montreal needs.

Guys do you really think

Desharnais
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Eller

Is better then

Plekanec
ROR
Galchenyuk
Eller

Especially in a seven game playoff series vs Boston or Toronto where the regular season rules go out the window?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
and I think Tinordi is an untouchable prospect right now. he's exactly what we need going forward - even more than O'Reilly right now.
We have 0 what Tinordi brings in the system - maybe emelin a little

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
ROR is still young (I think 23) Is a big skilled C who can put up 65 -70 points.
He instantly makes Montreal tougher to play against...and can play wing as well.
He brings a physical dimension to the Habs that Desharnais can't.....

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Pacioretty ROR Cole
Prust Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Eller White
Armstrong

Jesus Christ stop polluting this PGT with your DD hate.
Get a life or post in the dedicated DD hate thread

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
If we keep this success, our draft pick would be early 20s to late 20s. We could just trade two our 2nd round picks to get a 1st if there's player still on board that Timmins' wants.

It's Beaulieu AND the 1st though. Too rich for my blood. And the standings are too tight to be so certain that the pick is surely going to be in the 20's. Maybe if you can get top 15 protection on that pick I'd be more open to it.

Plekanec does a lot of what ROR does anyway - and Eller is certainly coming along in that 2-way C role - I don't see the need to go bonkers for ROR. Especially when he wants 4M+ it seems.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Don't you mean Scrivens for Vezina? Damn I wish I had two top 10 goalies like they do.

I can't wait until he gets lit up again and they go back to calling him an AHL goalie. Thankfully they play Tampa tomorrow so maybe it'll happen then.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Stand corrected on the draft status but his 6' 205 lbs and the way he plays is exactly what Montreal needs.

Guys do you really think

Desharnais
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Eller

Is better then

Plekanec
ROR
Galchenyuk
Eller

Especially in a seven game playoff series vs Boston or Toronto where the regular season rules go out the window?

we can dream but i can't imagine Col wanting DD

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It's Beaulieu AND the 1st though. Too rich for my blood. And the standings are too tight to be so certain that the pick is surely going to be in the 20's. Maybe if you can get top 15 protection on that pick I'd be more open to it.

Plekanec does a lot of what ROR does anyway - and Eller is certainly coming along in that 2-way C role - I don't see the need to go bonkers for ROR. Especially when he wants 4M+ it seems.

2, 2nds might get it done - esp. flames pick

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Guys do you really think

Desharnais
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Eller

Is better then

Plekanec
ROR
Galchenyuk
Eller

No, but Desharnais won't get us ROR without throwing in some nice prospects, and this is for an unsigned guy demanding big money, the exact same situation that cost Subban to miss a few weeks of hockey.

I don't get why this talk is here and not the trade section anyway, ROR is a very nice player but complimenting the team doesn't mean he's forcing his way to play in Montreal.

PricePkPatch*

We just won a game with a shutout. And not a low-tier team; the #3 in the east!

Why are we talking of trading DD for RoR, while there are already FOUR OTHER THREADS that could hold the same discussion?!?!

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
And you're going to have to add a lot to that package to make Colorado bite, IMO. Tinordi is a must, as far as I'm concerned.

If we're getting O'Reilly, my guess is Eller+1st+Tinordi. Yuck.

I would not make that deal either

Tinordi for me is gold......
I would sacrifice Eller but with a second not a first and Morgan Ellis or Beaulieu

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

Guys do you really think

Desharnais
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Eller

Is better then

Plekanec
ROR
Galchenyuk
Eller

I consider having a guy who can bring the same type of intangibles as Plekanec more of a luxury than a redundancy for the team. It would give us the ability to grind out series the same way that Phoenix did last year in the playoffs but the difference is that our team is a LOT better than theirs. I'd rather have Plekanec, ROR, Eller and Gally than Hanzal, Vermette & Gordon as center depth.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No, but Desharnais won't get us ROR without throwing in some nice prospects, and this is for an unsigned guy demanding big money, the exact same situation that cost Subban to miss a few weeks of hockey.

I don't get why this talk is here and not the trade section anyway, ROR is a very nice player but complimenting the team doesn't mean he's forcing his way to play in Montreal.
I don't even see why people want to trade our C's. We FINALLY have some depth at C.. let's keep it for awhile. :laugh: ... It's not like we have anything in the minors outside Bournival who view as good two way centre, but a 3rd line guy.

IMO, our biggest weakness is a Top-4 defenseman. We have a solid Top-4 with Subban, Markov, Diaz, and Gorges .. but one more Top-4 guy would be excellent.

I know I proposed Eller for Polak but that's just because of MT's use of him - but I think if he keeps playing like this, it'll be hard to keep ignoring him. I wouldn't make a trade (ala ROR) just to keep Eller in the same position. If I traded a C, it would be to upgrade out Top-4 .

We're all getting way off topic though. Let's reel it in!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Guys, we have a trade proposal thread. Care to discuss trading for RoR there?

Back on topic, I'm really impressed with this team's defensive play. really forcing teams to take low percentage shots. I'm struggling to think of complaints about any of our defenseman (within reason).

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
Great effort again MT has these guys going! Great to see...Budaj has looked solid and deserves credit as many people crap on him, but he was had solid seasons and is a very good back up. This team has surpassed my expectations and besides one very bad beating. This season has been amazing it appears that the team has committed into a system and every one is playing there role like a well oiled machine! GO HABS GO

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Solid win, I only saw the last 10 mins of the third but that was worth it. I don't know the last time we got a goal like Pacioretty scored. :yo:

Native

Nov 27, 2003
Montreal
happy for budaj and also feel less anxiety now knowing that he can give us a chance to win. the guys rallied around him and good team support.

i like seeing eller with more skilled players and that he's getting more quality time. he had some good shifts and seemed to be controlling the play, and protecting the puck very well.

its the pp that's gone a bit stagnant, we had a hard bringing it in cleanly and setting up. credit the canes with their pressure.

let's keep the momentum rolling. he have a busy week.

Habtchum*

happy for budaj and also feel less anxiety now knowing that he can give us a chance to win. the guys rallied around him and good team support.

i like seeing eller with more skilled players and that he's getting more quality time. he had some good shifts and seemed to be controlling the play, and protecting the puck very well.

its the pp that's gone a bit stagnant, we had a hard bringing it in cleanly and setting up. credit the canes with their pressure.

let's keep the momentum rolling. he have a busy week.

Eller is the solution to all Habs problems...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->