Post-Game Talk: Habs Will Select 3rd Overall

What do you want to happen with 3rd overall?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Looking at Sergachev, our D could have been this:

Markov...........Weber
Sergachev.......Petry
Mete.................Benn
Emelin
Juulsen

And this year Sergachev would be slotting into the top pair while Markov goes to 2nd pairing. And Juulsen working his way into replacing Benn.

Guy just doesn't think properly. I know he could not have predicted Sergachev ascending like that, but given the state of our D trading Sergachev for not a centre was a wrong move, and this is what happens.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Better, thanks for asking. Finally allowed to go home today.

Home = Svech
Hospital = Zadina

Clear degree of separation. :sarcasm:

Yeah good news. At home for a day now I guess.

Makes you wonder sometimes when a regular poster just disappears and doesn't post anymore without giving a heads up.

Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MB is going to have to trade for a centre, which of course is hard, lol

so Zadina is ours at 3,

if Tkachuk is staying in college, habs won't pick him, they need a young guy now.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Look what I found on YT yesterday:

2 interesting things about that first Galchenyuk video:

1) McGuire wanted us to draft Galchenyuk. McKenzie advised us to take Filip Forsberg. Forsberg as clearly emerged as the better player, thus far. I still hope Galchenyuk can overtake him, but Forsberg is really good. However, I'm happy with Galchneyuk and still think he has a lot of untapped potential. Once he has the trust of his coach he flourishes with more playing time and the coach's confidence.

2) I remember when I heard the Ribiero trade that was announced as the habs were getting ready to go to the podium. Ribiero for a 2nd and Cody Eaking. I thought man if Ribeiro's worth a 2nd, would Washington give up their 1st for then still productive two-way Plekanec. It was time to build for the future. In the end Washington drafted Forsberg with their 1st and then traded him for the much worse Martin Erat, and Ribeiro really didn't do well in Washington.

I was also in favor of trading Erik Cole coming off of his 35 goal season then for a young stud prospect or a lottery pick.

I am now in favor of trading Price, Weber, Pacioretty, Petry, Byron, and Shaw for stud prospects and high quality picks.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It would be cool if the Habs had a mic on Bergevin for draft day and post the day on social media. Other teams like the Canucks do that.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Hell, a potato in the GM's position would have the following D-core going forward.

Sergachev-Subban
Markov-Petry
Mete-Schlemko

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
2 interesting things about that first Galchenyuk video:

1) McGuire wanted us to draft Galchenyuk. McKenzie advised us to take Filip Forsberg. Forsberg as clearly emerged as the better player, thus far. I still hope Galchenyuk can overtake him, but Forsberg is really good. However, I'm happy with Galchneyuk and still think he has a lot of untapped potential. Once he has the trust of his coach he flourishes with more playing time and the coach's confidence.

2) I remember when I heard the Ribiero trade that was announced as the habs were getting ready to go to the podium. Ribiero for a 2nd and Cody Eaking. I thought man if Ribeiro's worth a 2nd, would Washington give up their 1st for then still productive two-way Plekanec. It was time to build for the future. In the end Washington drafted Forsberg with their 1st and then traded him for the much worse Martin Erat, and Ribeiro really didn't do well in Washington.

I was also in favor of trading Erik Cole coming off of his 35 goal season then for a young stud prospect or a lottery pick.

I am now in favor of trading Price, Weber, Pacioretty, Petry, Byron, and Shaw for stud prospects and high quality picks.
They thought Galchenyuk was a center thou. Little doubt who had the most skill

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Can't see Price and Weber getting moved while MB is GM. Shaw's market value has to be close to nil -- I'd wait and see if we can get a less injury-filled season from him and if so, attempt to move him at the TDL. Pacioretty, Petry and Byron are the best assets to move from the lot -- although, you can only trade Petry after the draft since his limited NMC kicks in on July 1st, if I'm not mistaken.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Can't see Price and Weber getting moved while MB is GM. Shaw's market value has to be close to nil -- I'd wait and see if we can get a less injury-filled season from him and if so, attempt to move him at the TDL. Pacioretty, Petry and Byron are the best assets to move from the lot -- although, you can only trade Petry after the draft since his limited NMC kicks in on July 1st, if I'm not mistaken.

Petry may waive, given I'm sure he knows the team is going nowhere. On the other hand, if Petry can pick up where he left off last year and get even more than 42 points (most of his points can in the 2nd half), he might have higher trade value after/during another productive year...

I can't wait until Bergevin is fired. If Price and Weber were to be moved for a king's ransom of high quality picks and prospects, we'd actually be in good shape for the future. If not, we'll lose them for nothing as they fade with age, like Plekanec and Cole did.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It was my impression at the time that they believed Galchenyuk was the BPA and happened to be a center.

Up until before the playoffs, I thought there was a better possibility than not that Galchenyuk would still eventually be the better player. But watching Forsberg in the playoffs, he's got serious game. I'm a fan. Still hope Chucky can explode under new management and get back to being the top 10 in the league scoring center he was before his knee injury last year. It would help if we could get him a player as good as Radulov to play with. But play making and play driving highly talented wingers with size and top tier work ethic are very hard to find. Too bad Bergevin took Radulov for granted and didn't appreciate his value to the team.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Galchenyuk will always be hindered by his slow feet whereas skating is one of Forsberg's best attribute.

Galchenyuk has great hands and a good shot, and Forsberg is probably even better than he is in that regard as well.

I think Chucky's hockey sense tends to be underrated, though. He sees plays and he can make passes that not a lot of players can. He still tries to do too much at times, trying to dangle through teams as if he were Malkin, when he just doesn't have what it takes to make those plays work consistently.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

From Cap Friendly:

CLAUSE DETAILS: Starting 2018-19, Lists 15 teams he can not be traded to.

Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Up until before the playoffs, I thought there was a better possibility than not that Galchenyuk would still eventually be the better player. But watching Forsberg in the playoffs, he's got serious game. I'm a fan. Still hope Chucky can explode under new management and get back to being the top 10 in the league scoring center he was before his knee injury last year. It would help if we could get him a player as good as Radulov to play with. But play making and play driving highly talented wingers with size and top tier work ethic are very hard to find. Too bad Bergevin took Radulov for granted and didn't appreciate his value to the team.

Forsberg had a great deal more development. He had 2 seasons with Leksands IF and another with the AHL Admirals.

Chucky missed a year of Junior and went straight to the "we don't develop here" Habs. Forsberg has pulled ahead on the redraft, but they're 1-2 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->