Habs Weekly Report: In Need of a Wake-Up Call

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Good article. Despite the record, the last 4 games have been worrying. Hopefully they wake up and get back on track.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Habs Weekly Report: Bounce Back Week

The past week was a “bounce back week,” for the Montreal Canadiens, who needed to show that they can overcome the blowout from the Columbus Blue Jackets the week before. While the Canadiens have posted a 3-1 record in the last two weeks, they needed to show that they can win without relying solely on Carey Price. The Habs did just that this past week, as the team came together and played with improved aggressiveness and speed.

The week started against the Boston Bruins, a game in which the Canadiens won 3-2, despite being outshot 42-22. While the end result did not reflect this disparity, it was evident that the Canadiens needed to work on getting more shots on net and letting less of them get through.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2016/11/15/habs-weekly-report-bounce-back-week/

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Therrien hockey. He has went back to his basics on zone entry and goal protection, and it shows. This man , despite the record, needs to gtfo.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Therrien hockey. He has went back to his basics on zone entry and goal protection, and it shows. This man , despite the record, needs to gtfo.

boy, that would be a first, following hockey for about 45 years now, never heard of a coach being fired so soon in the season with a record of 13-2-2

have you

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
They've also been an excellent possession team in 3 of the last 4 games (and the only one they weren't was a 3rd game in 4 nights, back to back, with travel).

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
boy, that would be a first, following hockey for about 45 years now, never heard of a coach being fired so soon in the season with a record of 13-2-2

have you

Of course he won't, but that's just common sense. I think I could have coached the Price backed team to a 500 record this season.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Good article. Despite the record, the last 4 games have been worrying. Hopefully they wake up and get back on track.

Really? The Kings and Wings games were probably the best 2 Habs games they've played this season. Both games they pretty much dominated for the most part I thought and were the way better team.

The Hawks and Florida games could've been better maybe but they battled for the most part and didn't really look all that bad. The Hawks in the 2nd half of the 2nd period had their way with the Habs but the rest of the game was fairly even IMO.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Really? The Kings and Wings games were probably the best 2 Habs games they've played this season. Both games they pretty much dominated for the most part I thought and were the way better team.

The Hawks and Florida games could've been better maybe but they battled for the most part and didn't really look all that bad. The Hawks in the 2nd half of the 2nd period had their way with the Habs but the rest of the game was fairly even IMO.

That post was from November 6th, so the games were Toronto, Vancouver, CBJ and Philly.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Can a 10-1-1 team be in need of a wake-up call.

After four straight games where they have been badly outshot and outpossessed, and one of those being a disastrous 10-0 loss, we think so.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2016/11/06/habs-weekly-report-need-wake-up-call/

Why people insist on using both words is beyond me. You're basically repeating the same thing twice here.

It's like, they've been outshot AND by some arcane metric we have, they also allowed more shots than they took!!! :laugh:

NineteenSixtyFive

Mar 7, 2016
Why people insist on using both words is beyond me. You're basically repeating the same thing twice here.

It's like, they've been outshot AND by some arcane metric we have, they also allowed more shots than they took!!! :laugh:

because "outshot" and "outpossessed" are too different things. Look it up

p.s. you might want to change your user name

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

Not true. I was at the Philly game and despite the win, they never had the puck. Of the 5 goals they scored, only 1 was driven by having possession. 2 were off turnovers, 3 on the rush, with one of those being a bunch of quick passes.

Possession can mean figure skating around the perimeter in the offensive zone, but take no shots. This would mean they had possession but maybe weren't outshot.

Jul 6, 2016

They played better in those last 4 games than some they won before the 10-0 massacre.

Habs don't have the luxury to lose key players for too long. Radulov and Flynn were playing important roles before being ill-injured.

I just hope Montoya gonna win another one soon. Carolina won't be an easy prey. Last ear, the tabs started their big slumps against them on a Saturday night. From there, the Habs went cold, and the Canes, which were dead last, started to win and finally finished ahead of the Habs.

Jul 6, 2016
Too many small players still on that team, Andrighetto and DD especially. I can live with Byron, Gally.

Hopefully McCarron and even Matteau can make their way up in the second half of the season.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015

we have a long history of over achieving early in the season,

then teams soon figure out MT's strategy and he gets out coached,

our current record is all smoke and mirrors as far as im concerned,

its a long season, and that horse who jumps out of the gate to an early 4-5 length lead rarely ever hangs on to win the race at the end,

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Too many small players still on that team, Andrighetto and DD especially. I can live with Byron, Gally.

Hopefully McCarron and even Matteau can make their way up in the second half of the season.

Matteau? For what? Because he has size? Most useless player in the franchise right now. I don't care if he is 6 foot 6, 260 lbs. I would take DD over him (That says A LOT) any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00