GDT: Habs vs Sens at Le Centre Pneus Canadien - 7pm RDS, CityTV, SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
In other instances in this game, I saw a player with some pretty nifty stickhandling. I looked at the number and it was #18.

I never said Ceci would be replacing Jaros though, but good job on the deduction. In case you didn't notice... short on forwards, going 11-7, something I might not want to see every game. So I'll switch it to make you feel better :

Add Tkachuk, Formenton, Pageau, Ceci

Remove Carey, Pyatt/Paajarvi, Jaros, Harpur/Boro

I was talking about a healthy lineup if we had that luxury. I would be tempted to have Jaros instead of Wideman though.

Tkachuk-Tierney-Stone
Boedker-Duchene-Ryan
Formenton-Pageau-Dzingel
Paajarvi-Smith-White
McCormick/Pyatt

Chabot-DeMelo
Lajoie-Ceci
Harpur-Jaros
Boroweicki-Wideman

12:51 of TOI and a 28% CF%. Phenomenal I tell you! :sarcasm:

1st goal : pp goal (on a back-to-back PP no less). Boro screens his goalie, Harpur is late to take care of Gallagher who screens Andy as well. Hard to blame Andy but as a goalie, you never want to give a goal that goes through you.

2nd goal : nice tic-tac-toe play from the Habs, they had all the momentum after their PPs and goal. I think I saw people blaming Ryan there who is coming down the right wing to cover the LW because both the Center and LWer were not doing it. Shows you the discrepancy in hockey understanding from fan to fan.

3rd goal : Chabot and Duchene initially lost their battles creating a opening for the Habs. Wideman was slow to react and just too soft at defending, unsure what to do. Boedker can't tie his man (Byron) and very poor structure from Andy as well, bad goal. A bit of blame for everyone.

so ryan doesn't kill penalties so no responsibility there. it was the second one I didn't remember. saW the highlights this morning, puck is on the right, Ryan on the left, enough red sweaters for him to stay in his lane.

3rd goal Duchene missed his check, Boedker didn't get the crease cover.

and yes I get a kick out of some perspectives.

Reactions: Xspyrit

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's how hockey works. Score effects.

idk....we were down 2 early and down 2 after 1. we outplayed them for 50 minutes. I get score effects but I'm not sure this game was a great example of it

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Tierney has been great, Demelo as well. Credit the pro scouting staff for adding these two.

Harpur looks like he is just playing hockey, he looked big and quick last night. He got pinned down a couple of times, but he didn't play apprehensive like he did last year, loved his open handed slap to face on Gallagher when Montreal had the early lead, he wasn't dejected or feeling guilty, he just wanted to keep fighting, told me he and the entire team would be back, and they came back. Small thing, but shows a lot about the teams confidence and battle intensity, loved it.

Reactions: coladin

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tierney has been great, Demelo as well. Credit the pro scouting staff for adding these two.

Harpur looks like he is just playing hockey, he looked big and quick last night. He got pinned down a couple of times, but he didn't play apprehensive like he did last year, loved his open handed slap to face on Gallagher when Montreal had the early lead, he wasn't dejected or feeling guilty, he just wanted to keep fighting, told me he and the entire team would be back, and they came back. Small thing, but shows a lot about the teams confidence and battle intensity, loved it.
Harpur had 4 giveaways

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Harpur had 4 giveaways

He did, 2 on one shift that led to a goal. But stats aside, his attitude this year is totally different, last year he played like a zombie - all body and no brain. This year he looks more assured, more confident, and I like the role he's playing

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
idk....we were down 2 early and down 2 after 1. we outplayed them for 50 minutes. I get score effects but I'm not sure this game was a great example of it

That’s exactly how score effects work.

They had a two goal lead in 24 seconds.

We spent most of the game trying to tie it up and then win.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That sure was a fun hockey game to watch. Its scary to think where this team would be without Thomas Chabot. He was a one man breakout under pressure. It was incredible how calm and how easy he made it look last night. Montreal has a fast tenacious forchek and he sliced through it like a hot knife through butter. So elusive, he breaks out controlled anyway you want it. Best player on the ice last night and it wasnt close.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I know Harpur has some warts on his game right now but I firmly believe that they just need to let him play through this and get his confidence back. He looks to me like he is improving and I think he's going to be fine.

Reactions: Alex1234

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I know Harpur has some warts on his game right now but I firmly believe that they just need to let him play through this and get his confidence back. He looks to me like he is improving and I think he's going to be fine.
I think he’s a bust actually. Not worth the time. Too much uncertainty hesitation and mistakes. Better players will be available.

Hope I’m wrong though.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

ya I get that....it just didn't strike me as a classic sit back and defend type game...our best attribute thru 7 games is being able to push the pace and we did that the entire game

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

Technically, we spent something like 30 minutes trying to tie them since we score our 3rd goal at the 12th min of the 2nd period. :)

Your point is still the same and valid.
But i think the Sens took over the game and the Habs was never able to fully get back to their game. Which is the way to go. Make the other adjust to you, not the other way around.

We need to be the team who dictate the pace.

Reactions: Xspyrit

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
While watching that game, I initially wanted someone to feed Gallagher his own teeth. Then it dawned on me that it would be better if they simply ignore him. He's like that kid acting out at Walmart trying to get attention. His antics will escalate until he's the next Sean Avery.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
While watching that game, I initially wanted someone to feed Gallagher his own teeth. Then it dawned on me that it would be better if they simply ignore him. He's like that kid acting out at Walmart trying to get attention. His antics will escalate until he's the next Sean Avery.
He is a way better hockey player tha Sean Avery. Id take him on my team anyday.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

What I would have like is for the Sens to get to gallagher after the GWG. That's the best way to laugh at someome who is laughing at you after a 1-0 lead early.

Just a woooo to his face after winning would have been glorious.
Unfortunately, he wasn't on the ice.

Reactions: Alex1234

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Was kind of like Friday's Redblacks game in that i was ready to give up about half way through the game, but then they found a way to fight back. Fun win. I agree with y'all saying we missed Brady, i kept thinking, man we could use him right now, which makes me think surely he must be here to stay for the year. And Stone looked like he got over his somewhat slow start, that was a beauty shot for the winner in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad