GDT: Habs vs Sens at Le Centre Pneus Canadien - 7pm RDS, CityTV, SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
He's looked fine and dangerous at times. His speed causes trouble for defenders. Needs to add weight

My only issue with his game (not even an issue but something I want him to get more of for his own good) is puck touches. He next to never has it. We don’t need him to be another Pajaarvi. I’d give him the remainder of his 9 games and send him back to London for the season.

Reactions: Cosmix

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I remember seeign one of the 'experts' predicting we'd finish with 20 wins on the year. So we're already at 20% of that lol.

Honestly, this team just impresses me with their attitude. I know that's cheesy, but they don't give up at all. We have some nice pieces and the players have boosted my interest in the team based off the way they play.

Still not sure I can go and support Eugene though.

Reactions: Sen Of A Gun

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Funny - we were down most of the game and we outshot the Habs.

This is why you need big sample sizes.

We’ve been outshot with the lead and have outshot when we’re down.

Also goes to show, generally teams shoot more when they are behind. Which is why I prefer to watch the game and watch when shots are occurring (score effects?? I guess)

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I think Chabot skate backward better. Is more agile on spinning left amd right.

EK was/is more explosif at sktaing forward and very agile at doing so.

I don't remember EK pre cooke how was his turn while skating backward but it was problematic some time.

Both are exceptional skater that's for sure.

Reactions: Vprime and Alex1234

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm really liking Pyatt and Paajarvi so far this season. It's nice to have a 4th line that we can trust, and that it doesn't feel like we're narrowly escaping getting scored against every time they step on the ice.

Reactions: Mark Effin Stone

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Good win for the boys, always puts a smile on my face when we beat the Habs.
It's still early to be excited but this team is showing me that if they can be described in one word it would be; resilient.
Standouts for me were Lajoie (I predict he'll put up more points than Chabot in his career) and Stone.
Tierney and Demelo continue to impress.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Bobby Ryan only played 13 minutes which was second lowest amongst the forwards. Only Paul Carey played less with 7 mins. Bobby had an assist but was a team worst - 2. Perhaps Boucher sending him a message? He didn't look all that great especially fumbling the puck on rushes.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I started watching when it was 3-1 for Montreal, so I guess I only saw the good bits! :)

But honestly it was a pretty choppy game. Not much flow or skill. Don't know if that was due to the two rosters or the ice quality or both?

DeMelo though has been a great addition. Ceci wishes he could play like that, and he should watch and learn. Simple, quick decisions, shoots when the opportunity is there.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I started watching when it was 3-1 for Montreal, so I guess I only saw the good bits! :)

But honestly it was a pretty choppy game. Not much flow or skill. Don't know if that was due to the two rosters or the ice quality or both?

DeMelo though has been a great addition. Ceci wishes he could play like that, and he should watch and learn. Simple, quick decisions, shoots when the opportunity is there.
DeMelo and Tierney have been both stellar since they've been here
No complaints from me whatsoever

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Ceci thinks too much is his problem, and he still thinks hes an offensive dman like he was in junior. And he probably misses the net more than any player I've ever seen before.

Pair with a puck mover like Lajoie for the rest of the year, and if he doesn't figure it out in his reduced role, then we need to part ways.

I still believe in Ceci, but Im not adverse to the idea that like Karlsson and the Sens, or Boedker and the sharks, both might be better off with a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad