Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I don't get all the hate against Price, we played a great game and we won 5-1 Price only let 1 goal out of 32 shots. Why are people still complaining about Price?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
On the bright side, even if the Habs lose, they'd help make the Predators 2nd rounder higher.

So this is really a win/win situation tomorrow :laugh:

Your proposal is strange. Budaj's wins were invaluable, his salary is acceptable, and Price needs work.

AS for shaking up the lines, it's too late for experimentation.

I know, Budaj has been great for us but I don't think Price sees Budaj as a threat is what I meant. If we brought in a young goalie, say like Bishop, then I'm sure Price would step up his game considering a young and decent goalie can easily take some starts away from him from time to time.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If we brought in a young goalie, say like Bishop, then I'm sure Price would step up his game considering a young and decent goalie can easily take some starts away from him from time to time.

Bishop is older than Price and hasn't played a full season in the NHL yet.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
What Price did against Toronto was not okay.

By anyone's standards.. Fans, Coaching, Teamates. 3 goals 4 shots.

So let's not try to defend him on that.

IMO our goal tending relies heavily on our defense. Defense has been slumping.

I have had nightmares past two nights of the Toronto Maple leafs having a 4 on 1 I haven't seen an odd man 4 on 1 rush that I can remember before.

Not too mention the countless 2 on 1's .. 3 on 1's... 2 on 0's.

Get it together this game.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
My dad always says the Price is kinda like Roy, where if he allows a bad/somewhat saveable goal, then the pucks seem to always hit the net after that.

It's all or nothing.
I was too young to remember Roy in the Canadiens, but is it a good comparison?

All in all, I expect a huge game by Price tomorrow (He will start).

Thought I'd respond to this because I watched Roy from game-one. In '86 he was this unbelievably skinny kid who looked 16. I remember watching him throughout the playoffs, watching him save shot after shot through force of will, and then weeks later watching him ride by during the Stanley Cup parade, wondering how this pale, sweaty and very drunk teenager (he was actually 21) had pulled the team to a championship. But there was an intensity about this kid, a total resolve, that pushed him relentlessly season after season to become the best goalie I have ever seen.

That was the thing with Roy - intensity. He may have lost focus like Price, let in bad goals like Price and occasionally left the building mid-game like Price. But Roy's temperament was nothing like Price. Roy's demons were anger, intensity, passion. Under control, those traits powered a turbo-charged engine of mental and physical magnificence. Out of control, those traits consumed him and drove his game right into a brick wall.

Roy was The Hulk. Hulk make save. Price is Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen. Cool and hyper-aware. He exists in a dimension of perfect position, observing pucks as they float into his glove. But every now and then he suddenly winks out and ends up on Mars. Price's demon is the self-doubt that comes with universal awareness. He over-thinks, over-analyzes and over-worries. Under control, those traits exist only in his multiple replicas on distant worlds, freeing his physical form to be wherever the puck is. Out of control, he becomes a spectral presence watching helplessly as pucks pass through his incorporeal form.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Roy was The Hulk. Hulk make save. Price is Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen.

I disagree, Price isn't blue and he isn't naked all the time, also i'm pretty sure Price was never on the moon so that comparison doesn't work :sarcasm:

but in all seriousness, I agree with this guy on the most part

as for tonight, Price will be in net, we will win this game and there will be no posts from Patofqc! Seriously, okay we got destroyed by the leafs but some of you guys need to... chill out ;)

Pricef*

I had the pleasure of watching Roy for his entire career. I can tell you it was very simular for him. When he would give up a bad goal. Very often he would get frustrated and the flood gates would open. You know even with his 2 cups people seem to get on his case quite quickly whn the performance was less than spectacular.

I wasn't untli he was gone that many people realized what an amazing talent he truly was.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 49s

Raphael Diaz est de retour avec ses coéquipiers! / Raphael Diaz is skating alongside his teammates this morning in Brossard!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
No Prust tonight:

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 9m

#Habs lines vs. Pha: Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder Moen - Halpern - White

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 8m

#Habs pairs vs. Pha: Gorges - Subban Markov - Bouillon Beaulieu - Drewiske Scratches: Prust (suspected UBI), Blunden, Dumont, Kaberle, Weber

sakiaba

Dec 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
I had the pleasure of watching Roy for his entire career. I can tell you it was very simular for him. When he would give up a bad goal. Very often he would get frustrated and the flood gates would open. You know even with his 2 cups people seem to get on his case quite quickly whn the performance was less than spectacular.

I wasn't untli he was gone that many people realized what an amazing talent he truly was.

This. It's easy, in hindsight, to remember the good years and forget the times in the late-80s and early 90s when Roy struggled in the playoffs. In 86-87, for example, Hayward played most of the playoff games. Even in 1992-93, Roy had one of this worst regular seasons but pulled it together for the playoffs.

Some people don't seem to understand just how much goaltenders' statistics vary from year to year. This isn't to say that goaltender performance is random, because the baseline around which the variance occurs obviously differs with talent, but an average goaltender having a good year can look better statistically than a good goaltender having an average year.

Some people on here would be happy with nothing less than a robot goaltender that has a save percentage over .920 (and there is only one Henrik Lundqvist). Price is having a down year, and the team's success in spite of this highlights just how good they have been. But look at Lundqvist's stats in his 26 year-old season, 2007-2008 (72gp, 37-24-10, 2.23 gaa, .912 s%). Do they remind you of someone's?

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Merde. Was not a fan of Prust coming back and basically fighting from game one. Hopefully it's something minor and not shoulder trouble.

Prust has no choice to fight since Moen not doing nothing and that White as been castrated..

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
When Prust is by himself he has to fight all the time.

This is Bergevin's fault. Stupid.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Prust has no choice to fight since Moen not doing nothing and that White as been castrated..

That's exactly why if I'm Ryan White tonight, I run everywhere after Ronaldo until he gets it. The punishment is over, now we need the old nasty Ryan White back. On wednesday I hope we see a 4th line of Prust-Halpern-White.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Prust had no choice but to fight. It pissed me off.

Blame Bergevin, for not bringing help for Prust and Moen-White for being softies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Prust had no choice but to fight. It pissed me off.

Blame Bergevin, for not bringing help for Prust and Moen-White for being softies.

You can bring in all the heavyweights you want but unless you tell Prust to stop fighting altogether, you're not going to stop him from getting hurt.

If Ranger fans had one tiny criticism of Prust, it's that he pushes himself too hard and doesn't know his own limits. It's great to see a guy give 110%, but I rather have him healthy in the playoffs than winning a meaningless fight against Fraser McLaren. Some responsibility does fall on Prust to make that distinction himself too.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Brayden Schenn, another small dude who thinks he's so tough. Still hasn't learned his lesson from getting concussed by Kovalchuk. I hope we rub him out good today.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
You can bring in all the heavyweights you want but unless you tell Prust to stop fighting altogether, you're not going to stop him from getting hurt.

If Ranger fans had one tiny criticism of Prust, it's that he pushes himself too hard and doesn't know his own limits. It's great to see a guy give 110%, but I rather have him healthy in the playoffs than winning a meaningless fight against Fraser McLaren. Some responsibility does fall on Prust to make that distinction himself too.

He try to bring back to momentum on our side with that fight.

He did it, because he knew that he was the only one willing to do it on our team. That's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad