Pre-Game Talk: Habs Vs. Pens Game 1 Sometimes Summer of 2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The hell. :laugh:

What's that Gally? Timmy fell down the well? :)

Oh, you were expecting this?

2zyiytF.jpg

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I know what its gonna happens. Montreal will won against pittsburgh. Price will be in fire, suzuki took another step. Montreal is gonna play over their head. Will win this series against pittsburgh and lose at the second one. And lose the 8th selection. This is typical montreal canadiens

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know what its gonna happens. Montreal will won against pittsburgh. Price will be in fire, suzuki took another step. Montreal is gonna play over their head. Will win this series against pittsburgh and lose at the second one. And lose the 8th selection. This is typical montreal canadiens

If you're not betting on this happening, you're not into making money.

Reactions: Pickles

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

Post ‘93 luck means a loss in the conference finals and drafting 28th.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you're not betting on this happening, you're not into making money.

Oh, it's going to happen. But, I'm betting that it's also going to end prematurely.

I heard on ESPN this morning that the NHL is looking to administer 20,000 to 30,000 Covid tests to get through this extravaganza. Apparently, the players have left themselves the ability to pull the plug at any time. All they did is approve the tournament format but there are a lot of escape possibilities.

Imagine the obscenity of being able to obtain and administer that gigantic number of Covid tests just for adults playing a kid's game, who wouldn't have needed any of this by doing like the rest of us and staying home.

Imagine if the NHL gave away 30,000 test kits to frontline workers, instead. Yeah, imagine all right.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Oh, it's going to happen. But, I'm betting that it's also going to end prematurely.

I heard on ESPN this morning that the NHL is looking to administer 20,000 to 30,000 Covid tests to get through this extravaganza. Apparently, the players have left themselves the ability to pull the plug at any time. All they did is approve the tournament format but there are a lot of escape possibilities.

Imagine the obscenity of being able to obtain and administer that gigantic number of Covid tests just for adults playing a kid's game, who wouldn't have needed any of this by doing like the rest of us and staying home.

Imagine if the NHL gave away 30,000 test kits to frontline workers, instead. Yeah, imagine all right.

The testing is going to eat into what lean profits they'll make from it.

They could have already made millions by:
Doing the 15 team lottery already.
Holding a virtual 3 day draft.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
This will be the longest pre-game talk thread ever or has something like this happened before? Now what I mean here is not about this particular situation but if something similar in modern time let's say from 1970 onward happened where there was a very long wait for the play-offs? To the Habs historians - what did they do in 1918?

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Happy that hockey will be back in some capacity, it will be nice to see the team, if only for keeping notes on who has been drinking beer barrels and skipping training. It will be fun. We will know everything we can't wait to know : Is the man still a mountain? Was Carey able to do his groceries? was anyone carried to the hospital for a fortnite OD ? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Be prepared to laugh. Be relaxed. If they surprise us a little it will be enjoyable that way. Its going to be really hard for the players. Calling it playoffs after such a long layoff might lead to a record number of injuries.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The worst thing they can do is give Domi Crosby or Malkin. Suzuki should take on Malkin and Danault on Crosby. It's a gamble but it's our best bet. Domi can be fed soft minutes against a weaker opposing C.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Everyone knows Pens are the much better team. It solely depends on Prices performance. If he goes god mode then we have a chance, but anything less than that and we are likely toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->