ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-5-27_12-38-28.png

Reactions: DavePeak

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Have they decided which arenas will be hosting the games?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I don't trust Toronto in hosting this

Just sayin

Vegas has all the things you could ask for, large hotels, etc.

But if they are selected I wonder how the ice would hold up with multiple games per day. They will have temperatures in July and August higher than 40 C. Yeah I know it’s a dry heat, but still I’m guessing it wouldn’t be great.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Vegas has all the things you could ask for, large hotels, etc.

But if they are selected I wonder how the ice would hold up with multiple games per day. They will have temperatures in July and August higher than 40 C. Yeah I know it’s a dry heat, but still I’m guessing it wouldn’t be great.
Empty arena, much easier to keep it cool.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Habs haven't had #1 players up front in decades.

Yet they have made they ECF twice in the past decade, on the strength of their goaltending, and some uncanny heroes. Like Mike Cammalleri or Rene Bourque, or Brian Gionta.

Habs key to beating the Pens is outskating them, and outworking them.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yet they have made they ECF twice in the past decade, on the strength of their goaltending, and some uncanny heroes. Like Mike Cammalleri or Rene Bourque, or Brian Gionta.

I don't see your point, how does that mean they'll have success without #1 forward. Yes they lost in conference finals 2 times, they also finished with top 3 picks shortly after. It's not a winning formula.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I think it would be pretty cool to give a non NHL city the opportunity to host this.

Like a random remote area in Alaska or something.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I feel like Domi likely not playing because of his condition is good news. It will give some younger players (Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Evans) more experience by playing more and basically this makes sure we wont beat the Pens. As much as I hate losing I would rather not win the Cup when there is no fans in the building, and we won't even be able to celebrate with all of our friends. No parade either...

Also, losing gives us a better draft pick, which is always good

With that said, I hope the Habs go balls out during this series, and take it to 5 games. Although I don't really like their chances, with or without Domi...

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

And living on hope doesn’t lead to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->