Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs. Jets | MTS Centre | Tues Oct 15 | 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Another good test for the Jets - can they carry their play from the NJD game into the game against the Habs? Anyone think Noel will keep the Kane - Little - Wheeler and Ladd - Scheifele - Frolik lines together? Clitsome back in? Would love to see a Clitsome / Postma pairing, but I doubt Stuart will ever sit.

BennyTheJet - you're up for the GDT!

Go :jets Go!

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Woooo first! GO JETS!

This game will determine our relative status fairly quickly.

i.e. we had a good win vs a top-tier team in LA, then losses against division rivals, then a win vs lower tier team....which Jets show up?

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I think we keep the lines as they were. No reason to change them, I thought each line did its job.

Curious to see if Montoya gets the start.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
This is the Habs 4th game on their Western Canadian road trip, and they seem to be getting better with each game on this trip, especially Price in the last outing against Vancouver on Saturday. I'm interested to see who is scratched for Jets, as well as the line combos Noel will use. Lastly, I assume Pavelec will get the start, hopefully the team reacts and plays well for him for a change.

Go Jets Go!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I wish they would give Montoya another go, but Noel has demonstrated extremely stubborn thinking wrt goaltending as we all know. Even in the post game interview, he was downplaying Montoya's performance. I would be shocked beyond belief if Pav wasn't in net.

Is Pavelec's psyche so frail that they are afraid they will kill his confidence if they foster a bit of competition between the two? Montoya's always said he just wants to show the team what he's got. He's what, 4-1 in Jets starts with 2 SO's? I can't recall him looking weak in any start. I'd say he's taken every opportunity and ran with it yet Noel will not give him a chance to challenge Pavelec. It's probably the thing that frustrates me the most about Claude.

The key against the Habs is to be physical. As physical as they were with the Kings and last night. If you get into the cutesy poke checking run and gun with the Habs they will make us look pretty silly, especially with Pavelec vs. Price.

Hoping the team comes out skating, pressing the puck and hitting.

jetkarma*

Hoping the team comes out skating, pressing the puck and hitting.

I hope for this every game , personally I believe this is how the team should/needs to play for optimum success.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
IAW jet, Montoya looks good. Also the team plays better in front of him.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Going to the game tomorrow.
Better ****ing win.

post-18019-133877766107.jpg

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
Hey, yo, Jets, I know you like to let the Habs skate all over you, but... you wanna not for a change? Maybe go out with Olli for a burger? K, thanks.

Jets 2.0 record vs the habs: 1-6-0
The one win being a shutout.
Pavalec playing all 7.

Get er up to .500 there boys.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wish they would give Montoya another go, but Noel has demonstrated extremely stubborn thinking wrt goaltending.

Noel started Montoya in consecutive games last year. Feb 9 Montoya shut out Ottawa 1-0 on the road and then he started Feb 12 against Philly at home. He was injured in that game and Pavelec played the 3rd period.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Noel started Montoya in consecutive games last year. Feb 9 Montoya shut out Ottawa 1-0 on the road and then he started Feb 12 against Philly at home. He was injured in that game and Pavelec played the 3rd period.

Noel also played Mason in back to back games after he posted a shutout. It will be interesting to see which goaltender he goes with.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Eller has been a Jet killer the past few years, Eller is red hot right now, I drafted Eller for my fantasy team.....Tomorrow I hope Eller gets goose eggs.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hey, yo, Jets, I know you like to let the Habs skate all over you, but... you wanna not for a change? Maybe go out with Olli for a burger? K, thanks.

Jets 2.0 record vs the habs: 1-6-0
The one win being a shutout.
Pavalec playing all 7.

Get er up to .500 there boys.

You beat me too it......Habs have been the Jets 2.0 kryptonite!

Lets start a new chapter shall we......oh and by the way if we make as many trips to the box as we did last game the Habs PP will feast on us.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I dunno. Montoya was really good pre-concussion. If he can get that form back consistently I could see it. He'd have to be downright godly, though, with the coaching staff's love of Pavs.

And we know the team that concussed him.:sarcasm:

Clitsome back in for Postma please? or is Postma the lucky charm?:tinker:

PS Never should have clicked on [More] under Smilies.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I dunno. Montoya was really good pre-concussion. If he can get that form back consistently I could see it. He'd have to be downright godly, though, with the coaching staff's love of Pavs.
Noel seems to be learning. Last year he refused to budge on Jokinen/Burmistrov, let alone Pavelec/Montoya. This year, he budged on Jokinen/Scheifele and Wright/Tangradi. He even scratched Clitsome in favour of Postma, so there's hope for movement on Pavelec/Montoya.

I don't know if he's seeing the light or feeling the heat :naughty:, but his personnel decisions have become more rational, i.e. more likely to win games, recently

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
You beat me too it......Habs have been the Jets 2.0 kryptonite!

Lets start a new chapter shall we......oh and by the way if we make as many trips to the box as we did last game the Habs PP will feast on us.

Jets 1.0 were 10-31-5 versus the Canadiens in 46 games from 1979 to 1996.
Jets 2.0 are 1-6-0 versus the Canadiens so far.

We have to start beating this team, NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->