GDT: Habs vs. Cats in Bathurst (7PM ET on TVA Sports & Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB5

May 2, 2015
The Panthers lost both of their split squad games yesterday, I wonder if they're sending some talent.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hindsight is 20/20 but Bergevin finally gets it that a solid AHL coaching staff is vital to the overall health of an organization. Too bad guys like Darren Dietz, Jarred Tinordi and Brett Lernout were coached by Sylvain Lefebvre. Seeing the progression of Cale Fleury is what good coaches can do for an organization.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hindsight is 20/20 but Bergevin finally gets it that a solid AHL coaching staff is vital to the overall health of an organization. Too bad guys like Darren Dietz, Jarred Tinordi and Brett Lernout were coached by Sylvain Lefebvre. Seeing the progression of Cale Fleury is what good coaches can do for an organization.

Better waking up late than never waking up. But yes, there were some prospects that would have benefited with someone like Bouchard coaching them.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Better waking up late than never waking up. But yes, there were some prospects that would have benefited with someone like Bouchard coaching them.
Or maybe they just weren't that good to begin with. Fleury appears much steadier than any of the aforementioned guys. I agree Bouchard is miles ahead of Lefebvre, that's a gimme, but sometimes players don't reach their ceiling despite the coaching.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Or maybe they just weren't that good to begin with. Fleury appears much steadier than any of the aforementioned guys. I agree Bouchard is miles ahead of Lefebvre, that's a gimme, but sometimes players don't reach their ceiling despite the coaching.

I agree. The prospect pool wasn't brimming with as much talent as it is now. Which is why I said some prospects would have benefited, not all.

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018

For sure a lot of those guys would have still flamed out - and obviously there are no do overs so we'll never know - but the law of averages tells us that with better coaching & development we likely would have had at least a few of those guys do better in the long run.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
For sure a lot of those guys would have still flamed out - and obviously there are no do overs so we'll never know - but the law of averages tells us that with better coaching & development we likely would have had at least a few of those guys do better in the long run.
Look at how many chances Tinordi had, and he never quite broke through. Lernout and Dietz are more uncertain, better coaching could have helped probably.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Could mean we see Domi with Gallagher. Nice.

I still want at least two lines that can score, and hopefully 3. Last year Domi and Gallagher each drove their lines. Not sure it would take away too much from the other lines to have them together. They were definitely our 2 best forwards last year.

After Tatar, Domi, Gallagher, and KK, there's only so much offense. Drouin is too inconsistent and Danault is more of a two way player. It's why Suzuki and/or Poehling emerging could really add to the top 9.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
At first i thought Drouin being in the line-up was some kind of message or CJ wanted to try new lines…..
At first i also thought Hudon was getting a real look next to KK playing a 2nd game in a row…..

But then i realize where the game is being played…..It's the Habs, so all of our 3 of the Local kid is playing.
Not surprise to see Huberdeau and Matheson also playing for Florida.

I would not think too much of it if i were you, PR moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->