Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:habs
Boone Jenner
Ryan Collins

:cbj
1st 2017
Noah Juulsen

--> Jenner is having a bad year despite CLB winning. He might be a good target for Habs.

:ducks2
Sven Andrighetto

Ryan Garbutt

--> Not much here.. garbage for garbage. ANA wants skilled winger and Habs could use Garbutt's ''crazy factor'' to their lineup even if he's not what he's used to be. If not good, send him back in the AHL.

Leo Komarov

:leafs
Charles Hudon
David Desharnais

--> Basically Hudon for Komarov. Komarov is having an average year and has 1 more year on his deal. Salary is close to DD, which everyone knows, is UFA after this one.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
The first one wouldn't fly because CLB would rather have Jenner (despite his production thus far) then Juulsen and a 1st right now, seeing as they are winning and putting together a playoff team.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
The first one wouldn't fly because CLB would rather have Jenner (despite his production thus far) then Juulsen and a 1st right now, seeing as they are winning and putting together a playoff team.

i'm pretty sure that will be the fans answer, rightfully so! Just wanted to talk about it, we never know! I think value is there, so the question is : do they want to stock assets for Jenner, now seeing they are able to win without him playing well? Honestly, I don't know.. just asking haha.

They also gain close to 3M in cap space.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Leafs have no interest in trading one of the few veterans we like for a cap dump and another small wing prospect.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If we were to trade Jenner for futures, that more or less resembles what we'd ask for - a high quality RHD or C prospect and a 1st. But I don't see much reason to trade him at all.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If we were to trade Jenner for futures, that more or less resembles what we'd ask for - a high quality RHD or C prospect and a 1st. But I don't see much reason to trade him at all.

Indeed I find this intriguing. It would allow an additional protection spot for forwards. But Jenners game has picked up recently and would be needed if they make the playoffs. Decent proposal.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
juulsen for a struggling player? nah

No problem, we will keep our struggling player. I think earlier he had been trying to live up to the 30 goals he scored last season. He's been taking the body much better, crashing the net and he's starting to score the greasy goals that made him successful last season. Not in a hurry to trade him anyway. But the OP's offer was interesting and the value was good when the 1st was included.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
As a Leafs fan I have no problem moving Komarov but have no interest in Hudon or Desharnais. Kommie still has a year left on his deal so he is not a rental. 2nd and 3rd round pick would do it. Or a guy like Lehkkonen.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I love Boone Jenner, but with CBJ defensive prospects already looking nice, add the fact that Montreal needs to keep whatever defensive prospects they have, I wouldn't do this trade and I don't think CBJ does it either. Value is there, just don't think it's the right move for either team. Habs need to keep their d-man prospects IMO.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Leafs Trade is awful, I don't know how many times I have to say this to to Habs fans but I'll put it in big bold letters so you stop putting him in trade proposals:

NOBODY WANTS DIAMOND DAVE
Hudon is meh

If your asking for Leo, Lou asks for Lek!

As for the other trades, why would CLB trade for D when that is likely the one position they are stacked at and essentially a very late first? Juulsen while having a good year and looking promising is concussion prone. Secondly while Jenner is having an off year, I know i drafted him in my FH league. He is far more valuble than a kid who has yet to do anything in the NHL and essentially a role of the dice.

Ana deal as you said is garbage in, garbage out.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Leafs Trade is awful, I don't know how many times I have to say this to to Habs fans but I'll put it in big bold letters so you stop putting him in trade proposals:

NOBODY WANTS DIAMOND DAVE
Hudon is meh

If your asking for Leo, Lou asks for Lek!

As for the other trades, why would CLB trade for D when that is likely the one position they are stacked at and essentially a very late first? Juulsen while having a good year and looking promising is concussion prone. Secondly while Jenner is having an off year, I know i drafted him in my FH league. He is far more valuble than a kid who has yet to do anything in the NHL and essentially a role of the dice.

Ana deal as you said is garbage in, garbage out.

Ask is the only thing you could do.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Honestly the values are decent. I just doubt OP's proposals are meeting the need of the opposite team.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
The Columbus proposal is in the favor of the Habs even if I really like Juulsen. I wouldn't really care if the 2nd happened or not and the last one I rather hold on to it. Imo Hudon can become a top 6 player if given enough playtime plus we have Gallgher to play the role of Komarov and to produce offensively.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Boone Jenner
Ryan Collins

:cbj
1st 2017
Noah Juulsen

--> Jenner is having a bad year despite CLB winning. He might be a good target for Habs.

:ducks2
Sven Andrighetto

Ryan Garbutt

--> Not much here.. garbage for garbage. ANA wants skilled winger and Habs could use Garbutt's ''crazy factor'' to their lineup even if he's not what he's used to be. If not good, send him back in the AHL.

Leo Komarov

:leafs
Charles Hudon
David Desharnais

--> Basically Hudon for Komarov. Komarov is having an average year and has 1 more year on his deal. Salary is close to DD, which everyone knows, is UFA after this one.

If Jenner was available, I think the Leafs would beat that deal quite easily.
And in regards to the Leafs proposal, it's fine value but Hudon isn't really a need. We need defensive prospects.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
If Jenner was available, I think the Leafs would beat that deal quite easily.
And in regards to the Leafs proposal, it's fine value but Hudon isn't really a need. We need defensive prospects.

I would offer JVR for Jenner with CLB adding a small plus. Jenner would fit nicely with our kids and if CLB is up for a real SC run JVR at this point looks to really push them to the next level.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Petry for Jenner.

RHD prospect, not roster player. We're already exposing a quality blueliner; we don't need to do multiple. And Petry would be on our bottom pairing; doesn't make much sense to be spending that much on such a guy. And for damn sure we're not taking on a defense NMC, not with Jones and Murray and Savard to protect.

* * *​
I love Boone Jenner, but with CBJ defensive prospects already looking nice, add the fact that Montreal needs to keep whatever defensive prospects they have, I wouldn't do this trade and I don't think CBJ does it either. Value is there, just don't think it's the right move for either team. Habs need to keep their d-man prospects IMO.

We do indeed have plenty of high quality blueline prospects, but nearly all of them are lefties, so getting a RHD still in juniors has some merit. That said, I didn't think Montreal had that much in the way of blueline prospects to spare, and your assessment seems to back that up. (And we can also very easily address that point of weakness of ours by, like, drafting. ;) )

* * *​
I would offer JVR for Jenner with CLB adding a small plus. Jenner would fit nicely with our kids and if CLB is up for a real SC run JVR at this point looks to really push them to the next level.

Wouldn't work. We are full to ****ing bursting with high quality LWs. If we trade him, it'd be to dodge expansion draft worries and shore up our future - which is a bit of an unlikely prospect to begin with.

Now, if there's any major injuries between now and the deadline, that can change, naturally. But it's more likely we just call up the wingers we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad