"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What about Josh Anderson?
trouble.gif

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Instead of asking for a first this year for TATAR, PETRY, ETC. Ask for a first 2 or 3 years from now and during the summer offer sheet Dubois at 12.5M per year and let columbus take our four first rounders.

If montreal offer sheet Dubois, they can't use pick they acquise in trade. Montreal will send Montreal 1st pick MTL 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024. The worst, it's if Montrel overpay Dubois 12,5M, they will give top 10 pick when they will be unable to resign guy like Gallagher, Suzuki, KK, etc.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Man it seems like Habs fans are just as insane as MB. Lol. In the cap era picks are very valuable. Those ELC guys are the only way you can have the depth to compete for cups. But hey sure sacrifice those 4 first rounders for one overpriced player. 23M caphit for two players (Price and Dubois) with no cheap ELC guys. What could go wrong?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
As a Habs fan I really like Dubois. He has that combination of size and skill. The problem is that he is not a game changer. For me to give up four future first round picks I would need a guy who will be a very dominating force.

Reactions: thebonscott

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
You'd be lucky to get a 2020 1st for either of those players.

No team is going to hedge future success (i.e., future playoff berths, such that those future 1sts will be low) on Tatar or Petry. That's insane, and so is your Dubois idea.

Future firsts, sure, but this year's? Muzzin landed a 1st + 2 good prospects with the same amount of term on his contract as Petry, and they're fairly comparable players -- Muzzin is younger, Petry plays the more valuable side, they're both competent top 4 defensemen. As for Tatar, he's likely the premier offensive option available on the market with a 0.79 PPG over 140 games with Montreal, again, with another year of term. That's not nothing.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Instead of asking for a first this year for TATAR, PETRY, ETC. Ask for a first 2 or 3 years from now and during the summer offer sheet Dubois at 12.5M per year and let columbus take our four first rounders.

Im so happy you have nothing to do with the Habs front office.

thebonscott

Jun 1, 2017
As a Habs fan I really like Dubois. He has that combination of size and skill. The problem is that he is not a game changer. For me to give up four future first round picks I would need a guy who will be a very dominating force.
He is 21. He will likely get better. He is big skilled and plays centre. In last 20 years we have exactly zero players like him.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
He is 21. He will likely get better. He is big skilled and plays centre. In last 20 years we have exactly zero players like him.

He would help all right. I am not arguing with you there. By far the biggest hole on the Habs is left defence. They need to fill that hole before giving up many future assets to offer sheet a Dubois.

I feel as if a team should only offer sheet someone if they are fairly confident that they will be an annual contender. If any team is fairly confident that they will be a playoff team for the next four years then go ahead and try it. The draft picks will be #17-32 overall. If that team is not fairly certain that they will be an annual playoff team then it is not worth that gamble.

If the Habs were to add Dubois for next year do you think that would guarantee them a playoff birth?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You lost most Hab fans at..... let columbus take our four first rounders.
Who the Hell would be dumb enough to give up 4 1st for Dubois and than you want us to pay him 12.5 mil a yrs. OMG:facepalm:

Reactions: HabsQC

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Time to embrace the rebuild hab fans!!! Its time... your handcuffed by aging veterans on bad contracts and not enough depth to compete seriously. Like what is the point of always finishing just out of the playoffs by 4 to 10 points? Detroit will be competitive before Montreal unless they start now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad