Habs top prospect? #20

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Add Walford.

There is only 8 choices. There is 2 spots available no?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Here's my thought on Tyszka:

Jarrett is defender with the best physical tools in our pool. He can skate better than anyone but Mete, he can shoot better than anyone but Fleury, he can dangle better than anyone, he has a long stick, his passing skills are great, he's Sergachev-esque in his tool kit. I expected him to explode in his D+1 year. Really thought he would... Now he did improve by a bit, his production got better, he solidified his D play, but he never took that step. It's not even that he's not a smart player, he's pretty smart, see's the ice well, understand basic positioning, etc. It's that he just doesn't have it in him it seems. He rarely rushes the puck, he rarely makes the play, he's just content with making the right play. That's crazy, a real lack of confidence in his play. Might be a bit of coaching in there too... Anyway, I still hold great hope for him... Maybe he'll get it one day.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I actually quite like Harris, he's got some pretty great puckmoving tools. I just think we could've gambled on getting him later.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How do people have Harris over Tyszka?

I need to see Harris in the NCAA before I would rank him for sure over Tyszka when I do my own top 20 but so far I could see him being better as he seems to have a solid defensive game but that's only based off 2 games and against weak competition. Tyszka I like a lot and spoke highly of him all year in the prospect thread but his defensive game needs a lot of work. Both should be close in rankings as both have the skating, speed, mobility and offensive upside. I don't yet have a good feel for Harris's defensive game until I see him against better players but so far it at least seems to be solid.

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad