Prospect Info: Habs top 10 prospects list post WJC

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
4- Nick Suzuki

What this kid can do with the puck on his stick is rather incredible, his offensive creativity, vision, passing, stickhandling and overall offensive awereness are top notch, he was easily one of the most purely gifted fowards on that team Canada roster and possibly one of the most offensively gifted players in the whole tournament... That being said, this kid has to improve his speed, pace, strength and compete level furthermore in order to become a dominant player in the NHL, Is it that bad? No, I dont think so, I think the AHL will be a very good experience for him next year to develop his game and after spending some time there, I expect this kid to become a very good top 6 winger for us and a powerplay beast...

I like your take here, in general, but this is a particularly good point. It's f***ing silly that this kid is still in the OHL. Back to back 96 and 100 point seasons are an indication that it's time to move on. But because Canada is the only country in the world which does not provide an avenue outside of the NHL for its prospects to play against older competition, he's just there for one more year. It's absurd, and I applaud all Canadian prospects who boycott the CHL, instead opting to take control over their development. We should be helping them by finding places in Europe for our Nick Suzukis to play. Jesse Ylönen gets to take a step forward in his development and face tougher competition. Sorry Nick, that's not for you, because the CHL sold you up the river.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know where this list is from but wondering what posters think of it. Sounds overly glowing ...

Capture_d%C3%A9cran_2019-04-13_%C3%A0_08.59.57.png

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
1 Ryan Poehling
2 Cayden Primeau
3 Alex Romanov
4 Josh Brook
5 Jesse Ylonen
6 Nick Suzuki
7 Noah Juulsen
8 Joël Teasdale
9 Joni Ikonen
10 Jake Evans

HM

Cale Fleury
Jordan Harris
Allan McShane

Best I can tell, Primeau is the real deal. Considered him for 1st, settled on 2nd.

Suzuki's WJC worried me...so peripheral at times. I dropped him to 6th.

I think the prospect who will surprise the most is the undrafted Teasdale. Sure, he's a 20 year old playing junior but he is very solid, can score and looked good in training camp last fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gains and cphabs

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
1 Ryan Poehling
2 Cayden Primeau
3 Alex Romanov
4 Josh Brook
5 Jesse Ylonen
6 Nick Suzuki
7 Noah Juulsen
8 Joël Teasdale
9 Joni Ikonen
10 Joël Teasdale

HM

Cale Fleury
Jordan Harris
Allan McShane

Probably a typo but you listed Joël Teasdale twice.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->