Habs Tonight on PK vs Max debate

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I will always remember the last media scrum PK gave in the Habs locker room.

'I never question myself" was one of his answers....

Then, on his way out of the dressing room, he stopped by Patches, who was with other media, interrupted him, and gave him some kind of a hug. Patches was looking puzzled and embarrassed.

You left out the part where Patches actually said in the same scrum that there’s no beef and PK would always take the time to play some ball hockey with his kid.

Anyhow, I get people didn’t like PK’s pushing of his brand and his personality may not be for all, but his actual character and morals shouldn’t be in question.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Whats ironic to me is that when MB was named as GM, I thought, well its a good thing he is from the Hawks because back then Patrick Kane was getting into loads of real trouble, and the Hawks were patient. This mattered to me because I was sick of the Jean Beliveau ( a legend ) standard of conduct the team held and which I thought cost us too many good players.

So I thought MB would know how to work with players personalities.

Reactions: DAChampion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Whats ironic to me is that when MB was named as GM, I thought, well its a good thing he is from the Hawks because back then Patrick Kane was getting into loads of real trouble, and the Hawks were patient. This mattered to me because I was sick of the Jean Beliveau ( a legend ) standard of conduct the team held and which I thought cost us too many good players.

Funny enough that you should mention this because the two players are so far apart its insane. The only thing they have in common is that they were both elite.

Patrick Kane
Known party animal
Assaulted a cab driver
Alleged sexual assault

Subban
Is black

Thats it.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Funny enough that you should mention this because the two players are so far apart its insane. The only thing they have in common is that they were both elite.

Patrick Kane
Known party animal
Assaulted a cab driver
Alleged sexual assault

Subban
Is black

Thats it.

He's not just black... he's confident and comfortable in front of the camera, how dare he?

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
He had prust on talking about a game when he got into it with a ref. After the game prust was still fuming at the ref and after refusing a few times he was pressured into speaking to the media and he called the ref out.

later, he said bozovin came down and told him criticizing the ref was a "career killer" and he traded prust after that. You could tell that Weise and prust aren't bozovin fans.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Well, he did want Tony Douchebagelo as well...wonder what was different about Subban...hmmm, lemme think...:rolleyes:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He had prust on talking about a game when he got into it with a ref. After the game prust was still fuming at the ref and after refusing a few times he was pressured into speaking to the media and he called the ref out.

later, he said bozovin came down and told him criticizing the ref was a "career killer" and he traded prust after that. You could tell that Weise and prust aren't bozovin fans.
Yep, both very very clearly are not. I like this podcast a lot.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
PKs donation as a pred

image.png

Pks donation as a hab

pk-subban-hospital-donation-montreal-children-s.jpg
To be fair, PK has been great for the Montreal hospital. BUT he did not donate the 8-9M. He built a fund and promised to raise the millions. Just to make it clear. I loved him a lot. But there has been a lot of false press built with that story. BUT he was great for the kids. Just great.
I was PISSED when he got traded.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Patrick Kane
Known party animal
Assaulted a cab driver
Alleged sexual assault

Subban
Is black

Thats it.

Subban had personality, was fun to watch due to his electrifying play. Montreal has been this dull organization for decades now, couldn't handle strong personalities like Roy etc. I hoped MB would be a GM who would be most interested in what the player did on the ice, and not be bothered about other stuff, which was usually crap concerns.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
PK donation exposed how cheap Molson and the habs team are. He gave more money as one individual than all the molson organisation together. It make them look very bad. They hated PK for that. Not showing for such a big donation was and still is a very bad look on Bergevin and Molson.

Just for the work and the time PK was spending with the montreal kids in need, he should never have been traded

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Subban had personality, was fun to watch due to his electrifying play. Montreal has been this dull organization for decades now, couldn't handle strong personalities like Roy etc. I hoped MB would be a GM who would be most interested in what the player did on the ice, and not be bothered about other stuff, which was usually crap concerns.
#SignDeAngelo

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I will always remember the last media scrum PK gave in the Habs locker room.

'I never question myself" was one of his answers....

Then, on his way out of the dressing room, he stopped by Patches, who was with other media, interrupted him, and gave him some kind of a hug. Patches was looking puzzled and embarrassed.

When was this? I remember his last game since I was sitting about 30 feet from where Emelin crunched him into the boards and ended his season. Did he do media scrums while injured after games? I simply have no memory of this.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You left out the part where Patches actually said in the same scrum that there’s no beef and PK would always take the time to play some ball hockey with his kid.

Anyhow, I get people didn’t like PK’s pushing of his brand and his personality may not be for all, but his actual character and morals shouldn’t be in question.

ppl with questionable character and morals probably do question "do-gooders" & high integrity ppl all the time...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This is it in a nutshell. The Habs should have embraced PK. They could have had something. But He didn't fit the hockey mold and let's just say the Habs aren't the most progressive organization.
I'm not sure they're the ones who wanted to be away from his donation. I feel PK wanted to make it clear this is coming from him, not the Habs.
Hearing Weise tell how he found out about it when those two were friends also kinda confirms it for me.
He calls Weise at 7am to say he's got some massive news, and then he finds out later that day when PK makes the announcement? So clearly he didn't even tell his buddies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
When was this? I remember his last game since I was sitting about 30 feet from where Emelin crunched him into the boards and ended his season. Did he do media scrums while injured after games? I simply have no memory of this.

End of season. Players were available in the locker room.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

True I heard that one, we cant tell how much of it is exaggerated or not especially between PRust and the ref but I remember him saying the media guy came in 3 different times and told Prust the media wants to talk to you after he said no each time....

Found that so odd

Reactions: MasterD and Shabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not sure they're the ones who wanted to be away from his donation. I feel PK wanted to make it clear this is coming from him, not the Habs.
Hearing Weise tell how he found out about it when those two were friends also kinda confirms it for me.
He calls Weise at 7am to say he's got some massive news, and then he finds out later that day when PK makes the announcement? So clearly he didn't even tell his buddies.
If that were true he wouldve said something when Laraque mentionned that no teammate went to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad