News Article: Habs talking to public health to have fans in the building for the PO

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Just BBQ on your deck with your parents. No one is stopping you.
Fact is, that could cost us 6000$ in fines. Unacceptable to have that rule if people can go eat popcorn in the Bell Centre while watching hockey.

until the neighbors call the cops and it turns a nice afternoon into a 1500$ fine
Yup. Per person.

Reactions: Tyson

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I would think the team's management may well regret a full house if the team, as is expected, gets humiliated by the Leafs. Better to lose ignominiously in silence. Then they can just skulk out of town.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Man do you guys have to make every thread about Bergevin lol

Also all of you saying you'll never spend a dime on this team will be the first ones in line to buy tickets if Montréal wins the first game...

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I just hope they sell those tickets to season holders. Imagine if Leafs fans bought all the seats in our own house and cheered against the Habs at the Bell Center.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's hard to make the change, so many years of rinse and repeat.....he did however, have a pretty good offseason last summer, but it seems his philosophy is deeply flawed...

The next level of concern is can he take us to the next level by getting a hair cut. Both on top of his head and with some vets on the roster. We need to draft a star somehow. How we do that is with draft power. If we move up to 15-20 range in the draft moving forward, it's not easy.

My eyes are on Weber and Price this playoffs. My direction would depend on how they perform

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Benning. But, Bergevin is in the top 5 for bad.

There is no way in hell Bergevin is bottom 5 GM today. Anderson for Domi and Toffoli signing are two examples. Stock piled picks and has inserted a strong young group. That don't indicate bottom 5. Sorry

He's not a genius GM yeah but it's not 2017 anymore.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Benning. But, Bergevin is in the top 5 for bad.

I mean, Benning has made bad moves, but he has the minimum IQ required to decide on a direction. He built a team that will compete from 2022 to 2030, not a team that will never compete.

He's not a perfect GM and the Toffoli thing was an oversight for sure, but he built a future contender.
Loui Eriksson was a bad signing.
Myers was a bad signing.

Letting go Markstrom ? Who cares when you have Demko, thats actually a good move IMO.
Drafting ? Stellar.
Development ? Stellar.

I would take Benning twenty times before Bergevin, and I would trade the Canucks roster for the Habs roster any time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There is no way in hell Bergevin is bottom 5 GM today. Anderson for Domi and Toffoli signing are two examples. Stock piled picks and has inserted a strong young group. That don't indicate bottom 5. Sorry

Find me 5 gms that are worse then. Go, do it.

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB

Domi and Anderson tied in points....... Anderson has done nothing in most games........playoffs could change my mind on him though we'll have to see....I'd call it a wash so far.........Toffoli I''ll give ya......Bergevin is still bottom 5 though and nothing will change there sorry

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Find me 5 gms that are worse then. Go, do it.

Half the GM have only 2 seasons under their belt, too early to judge. Of the remaining 15-17, some debatable

Bennings
Treliving
Kekalainen (keeping Torts)
Dorion
Bob Murray in the last few years
Stan Bowman holding to the core too long and hampering the rebuild

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Half the GM have only 2 seasons under their belt, too early to judge. Of the remaining 15-17, some debatable

Bennings
Treliving
Kekalainen (keeping Torts)
Dorion
Bob Murray in the last few years
Stan Bowman holding to the core too long and hampering the rebuild

Stan Bowman won 3 cups. He really only held to his four best players, Toews, Kane, Hossa and Keith. Seabrooks play fell off because of injuries. He dealt away Hammer, Buff, Sharp, Anisimov, Lehner, Gustaffson, Perlini, Jokijahrju, got a first rounder for Hartman.. Hes actually one of the best out there when you look at things. Come on, thats ridiculous.

Dorion built a f***ing contender in a matter of weeks ??? He chose to suck for 2-3 years and now look at him.. Stutzle, Tkachuk, Sanderson, Norris, Pinto, etc. Another ridiculous one.

Kekalainen decided to go for it in 2018. He knew Panarin didn't want to be there, he knew Bob didn't want to be there. That was a bad decision, in hindsight. Can you blame him though? He chose a direction, belived in his group and stuck with it. Torts needs to leave but Im sure he's stayed there because of his salary, not because Kekalainen wants it. Another ridiculous one imo.

Bob Murray chose a direction too. Decided to suck for two-three years, bought out Perry, got a first rounder for Ondrej Kase (Perrault), got a first rounder for Montour (Tracey).. Again. Direction. He chose one, he stuck with it. The team will be better off for it. Perry wanted to move on, he let him go, Getzlaf wanted to stay, he stayed. Another ridiculous comparison.

Benning is a bad GM but he's nowhere near as bad as Bergevin. He actually built a team that could contend. Strong Cs, strong Ws, strong G, 21 yo #1D... Just missing pieces around this and experience.

Treliving is in contention with Bergevin for sure.

You seem to equate "bad" teams with bad GMing, such a simplistic way of seeing things.

Reactions: abo9 and Habs13

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Jason Botteril is worse than MB but at leeast Buffalo's owner had the brain to fire him within 3years.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Domi and Anderson tied in points....... Anderson has done nothing in most games........playoffs could change my mind on him though we'll have to see....I'd call it a wash so far.........Toffoli I''ll give ya......Bergevin is still bottom 5 though and nothing will change there sorry

Ummm.... yeah nah.

Anderson has been the best Hab player all season long.

Domi has assists... Anderson's points are mostly goals.

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
Ummm.... yeah nah.

Anderson has been the best Hab player all season long.

Domi has assists... Anderson's points are mostly goals.
. Best player hmmm.....let's see... 24 points......nothing in like 15 games.....nothing in like 35 games outta 50sum total......-10......if that's the stats of the best hab all season long it explains why they're so shitty..........let's hope he's actually a playoff performer or else the trade has been a total wash

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
. Best player hmmm.....let's see... 24 points......nothing in like 15 games.....nothing in like 35 games outta 50sum total......-10......if that's the stats of the best hab all season long it explains why they're so shitty..........let's hope he's actually a playoff performer or else the trade has been a total wash

They are shitty.

But if you actually watched the circus sideshow, like I unfortunately did, you would have seen that the most consistent player shift to shift, who played hard every moment he was on the ice... was, in fact, Josh Anderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad