News Article: Habs talking to public health to have fans in the building for the PO

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Molson wants that $$$ for spending to cap for once..

Molson and Bergevin had middle of the pack actual salaries this year. Before the season started, we had the 22nd highest actual salaries. We picked up more players so that's probably around mid pack range now (15 +/-).

I think a team like the Jets are hurting in this covid flat cap. They had 3rd highest actual salaries and I suspect their local TV deals are near the bottom of the NHL.

Spending to the cap is flawed cause it's AAV cap hits and the actual salaries fluctuate. That's the beauty of the escrow.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Molson and Bergevin had middle of the pack actual salaries this year. Before the season started, we had the 22nd highest actual salaries. We picked up more players so that's probably around mid pack range now (15 +/-).

I think a team like the Jets are hurting in this covid flat cap. They had 3rd highest actual salaries and I suspect their local TV deals are near the bottom of the NHL.

Spending to the cap is flawed cause it's AAV cap hits and the actual salaries fluctuate. That's the beauty of the escrow.

~15 is still a big jump considering for the most part these last few years they've been operating like a small market team on a budget.

Reactions: abo9

expy

Nov 2, 2010
It absolutely can be done if the exercise caution and enforce the rules. It's a big building
Compared to a lot of Arenas in the U.S. it's rather small outside of the actual rink and seating capacity. The hallways are pretty narrow.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
If fans are willing to spend their money to support their team in a stadium during a pandemic, go for it. Vous etes les bienvenus!
So there is a small health risk factor involved... I won't complain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Compared to a lot of Arenas in the U.S. it's rather small outside of the actual rink and seating capacity. The hallways are pretty narrow.
It seats over 21,000. How's that small?

They're like, 2000 more seats than number 2 in the league. Do you mean they're more cramped maybe?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
They told season ticket holders that we would get first shot at any tickets that may be sold this year. I wonder if resale will be allowed. I would buy PO tickets and try to flip them for a quick buck. No way would I spend money to actually see this team, playoffs or not. I straight up don't even remember the last time we won a game.

Reactions: Gravity and PhysicX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad