Post-Game Talk: Habs survive and beat Calgary to take a 6pt lead for 4th

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Suzuku has been ok that last 10 games. He has 5 points
Danualt has 2 and KK 1 that same stretch. Not good
And NS has played an excellent 200 hundred-foot game. KK not so much. Yet Suzuki is the one who is exhausted. Sometimes I wondered if people are really watching the games or using the Habs as an excuse to drink.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
No doubt he will become one, but as for now he looks exactly like undersized 15th pick with one good trait. He barely survided out there with Danault. He would bust immediately with Suzie/KK. Extremely short player, extremely short stick, average skater for his size. That's not a reliable recipe. He's not ready.
Actually, Danault is exactly the type of player that CC should NOT play with. Suzuki would be the ideal center for CC. Those two would light up the league.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
And NS has played an excellent 200 hundred-foot game. KK not so much. Yet Suzuki is the one who is exhausted. Sometimes I wondered if people are really watching the games or using the Habs as an excuse to drink.
Yup he penalty kills. So does Danault. Still no excuse for only 2 pts by Danault. No point on starting on KK. He’s been bad. When you have 6 pts in 22 games it goes past who your line mates are

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We don't actually have the ability to "clinch" until Vancouver has played and lost about 10 games. With 14 games remaining they will have the ability to "catch" us until we create a massive gap. Now if they won their games in hand alone they'd be tied with us. We aren't far enough ahead to rest anyone.
Unlikely, but yes, it's possible Vancouver catches us. Keep in mind they play 14 games in 22 days – that's exhausting.

I agree we probably won't rest Allen unless the Habs have a mini winning streak - something they haven't done in a month. Hopefully, Price will be close to returning and the subject is moot.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Actually, Danault is exactly the type of player that CC should NOT play with. Suzuki would be the ideal center for CC. Those two would light up the league.

A 21 and 20 year old playing on the same line in your top 6 and on a playoff team?

I agree with you but it's in prime years. Until then, we have have to shelter them to some degree. Suzuki is not the type of center who is going to shelter Caufield

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I think Price's career is over. They won't announce it, he may play another game or two.. but getting concussed after a love tap like that suggests he's at the end.
Whatever it looked like from our TV sets has nothing to do with what it actually was. I'll wait for an update before declaring Price to be damaged goods.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Suzuki plays a good 200' game for a 21 year old. Excellent? I think not. He's a good young talent and solid in a lot of areas but he can't carry the puck out of our end and into the other end. KK has shown more ability with that this season but he has other areas to improve at yet still.

Pains of having two top 3 centers who are 21 and 20. Reality

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Whatever it looked like from our TV sets has nothing to do with what it actually was. I'll wait for an update before declaring Price to be damaged goods.

I think Price is fine physically and they are being conservative cause they know what a healthy Price can do in the playoffs. It's smart and we got Allen so what they are doing is fine. The problem I have with Price is confidence, not age.

Reactions: Lshap

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
A 21 and 20 year old playing on the same line in your top 6 and on a playoff team?

I agree with you but it's in prime years. Until then, we have have to shelter them to some degree. Suzuki is not the type of center who is going to shelter Caufield
In many aspects of the game NS's defensive game is better than Danult's. Philip has better constant speed and is stronger on the puck. Everything else Nick has already surpassed him.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Suzuki plays a good 200' game for a 21 year old. Excellent? I think not. He's a good young talent and solid in a lot of areas but he can't carry the puck out of our end and into the other end. KK has shown more ability with that this season but he has other areas to improve at yet still.

Pains of having two top 3 centers who are 21 and 20. Reality
I don't see KK now or in the future as a top 6 center. Sorry.

EDIT: I re-read your post and saw you wrote top 3 center but I'll let my original post stand.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In many aspects of the game NS's defensive game is better than Danult's. Philip has better constant speed and is stronger on the puck. Everything else Nick has already surpassed him.

I have no problem with how they are using our 3 centers. Danault don't get PP time and Suzuki does. KK is the wild card and it's going to take a while for him to reach his prime and fill into that frame.

We have to stop ignoring that Suzuki is 21 and KK is 20.

Reactions: Paddy17

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

You don't need an update to see an athlete go down that easy from a light tap to the head. Every concussion gets worse over time, and they are easier to get. I hope he's ok, I have had numerous friends retire from the CHL from concussions, it's not pretty later on in life.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think the habs could do worse than to play Caufield with Danault and Tatar. Those two obviously have tremendous synergy playing with Gallagher, and while Caufield isn't Gallagher, he does have a little bit in common with him in terms of shooting from everywhere. Maybe that works well for the cohesion of the unit because that is something Danault and Tatar would be familiar with.

He's also well insulated defensively playing with Danault.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You don't need an update to see an athlete go down that easy from a light tap to the head. Every concussion gets worse over time, and they are easier to get. I hope he's ok, I have had numerous friends retire from the CHL from concussions, it's not pretty later on in life.

Price has had alot of injuries but I don't recall him being diagnosed with a concussion before.

We know so little about concussions at this point, but we do know Price has been bulled over so many times in his career, and this looked like nothing compared to alot of collisions he's had. I think it shows how randomly a concussion can happen.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Outside of Anderson and Toffolli the entire forward group has gone awol.
Romanov was the only Dman hitting anyone.....some real sad decisions have been made...I guess at this point, we shouldn't be surprised.
Evans plays well but doesn't get the opportunity to produce. Armia is decent in his role. Perry chips in. The rest though.....
Like I said, no one to take the team on his back, like a McDavid. You can't expect success without that type of player.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I think the habs could do worse than to play Caufield with Danault and Tatar. Those two obviously have tremendous synergy playing with Gallagher, and while Caufield isn't Gallagher, he does have a little bit in common with him in terms of shooting from everywhere. Maybe that works well for the cohesion of the unit because that is something Danault and Tatar would be familiar with.

He's also well insulated defensively playing with Danault.
True. But Tatar has been invisible for a while now and Danault isn't the most gifted guy offensively. If I recall, Caulfields shots really had nothing to do with those 2 guys.

Reactions: Habs Icing

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
True. But Tatar has been invisible for a while now and Danault isn't the most gifted guy offensively. If I recall, Caulfields shots really had nothing to do with those 2 guys.

I mean, they were doing well just before Gallagher got hurt, and I'm talking more big picture since they were created as a unit. I'm just saying it might be more instinctive for them knowing they have another guy on their line who never meets a shot he doesn't like. It could help re-create some of that synergy they have with Gallagher.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
We win 4 games out of 9, pretty much guaranteed playoffs.

Calgary will need to go at least .600 in their next 8 games to even have a 12% chance.

if we somehow loose all 9 games then we don’t deserve playoffs. As of now we have 88% chance of making the playoffs.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Calgary will need to go at least .600 in their next 8 games to even have a 12% chance.

if we somehow loose all 9 games then we don’t deserve playoffs. As of now we have 88% chance of making the playoffs.

I'm just glad I'll never have to watch another Flames game again, just a boring matchup and uninspiring.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

If we win 4 out of 9, Vancouver needs 19 pts in 14 games, which is doable and far from impossible. We're far from a lock with 8 points in 9 games.

We've had 4 in our last 10 and could easily go 3-5-1 in the last 9, which would spell trouble if Vancouver surges.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They don't play the same game. Suzuki takes care of two hundred feet of ice. Besides the ice he drops in his bourbon, McDavid worries only about 65 feet of ice.
That and...McDavid is a gazillion time better, he's also not a sophomore.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014

80% excuse to drink
5% youngster
15% masochistic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad