Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Otto Leskinen to 2 year ELC

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Seems like the Kaski consolation prize.

Felt the same way as soon as i've seen this.....let's see what happens with this one.
So far Bergevin never had one of those signing actually work out, so i'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

OB5

May 2, 2015
Felt the same way as soon as i've seen this.....let's see what happens with this one.
So far Bergevin never had one of those signing actually work out, so i'm not holding my breath.

I think they likely tried to sign both.

Leskinen was at the Habs' euro development camp last summer so they definitely had their eye on him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Seems like a offensive D type but needs to learn how to be reliable in his own end. More than 2/3 of Kalpa's team were (-) players last season and Leskinen -17 was 3rd worse with another D man worse than him at -23.

Another Fleury type but on the LD side maybe? Interesting to note that Fleury was a -61 with Kootenay in 16/17 but once he was traded to to Regina, he was a +23 in 51 games. His first AHL year he was -16 which is tied for worse on the Rockets.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I didn't pay that much attention on Leskinen. Was the number 94 with white team on the 2018's DC...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Leskinen replaces Ouellet and the Habs don't offer him a contract. Or he replaces Olofsson... Anybody know his injury status? He only played 2 AHL games last year.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Seems like a offensive D type but needs to learn how to be reliable in his own end. More than 2/3 of Kalpa's team were (-) players last season and Leskinen -17 was 3rd worse with another D man worse than him at -23.

Another Fleury type but on the LD side maybe? Interesting to note that Fleury was a -61 with Kootenay in 16/17 but once he was traded to to Regina, he was a +23 in 51 games. His first AHL year he was -16 which is tied for worse on the Rockets.
The +/- stat may be a team thing. Last year with the same team he was a +7

Reactions: jaffy27

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Exactly what I was looking at as well. 3rd worse on the team with another D man worse then him at -23. Seems like another Fleury type to me. They got offensive skills but need to work at being more reliable in their own end

When your team is bad and young, the more you play the more you're exposed to have a worse +/-. this team was lead by an 18 and 19 year old (one of them being Texier) in points and Leskinen had 2nd highest ice time on his team. +/- ain't gonna look good in those situations unless you're some sorts of elite defender.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

What? Is he a Fleury type because he was a minus too? What kind of analysis is thst?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
For now I wouldn’t be concerned with the +/- as the team he was on was junk to begin with, near the bottom of the league and a terrible goal differential as a group.

Couldn’t find any advanced stats, but anyone on a bottom feeder is not going to have a great differential. I’d be more concerned on his play on the ice and any puck possession and zone entry/exit stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->