Prospect Info: Lukas Vejdemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This guy oozes 3rd round steal from what TT was saying. He projects his offensive upside to be quite solid, said as he is right now he's better offensively than DLR was when they drafted him.

He also went out of his way to mention they drafted this guy FOR his Offensive Touch.

Worth remembering Wennberg's style in his draft year was compared to Zetterberg.

He's definitely our most intriguing pick. Might as go for a bit of a long shot. Wish there was video of him

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'll be making the booze cruise over to Stockholm to watch him play this year. He sounds like an interesting prospect at the very least.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Surprising the kid could have the season he had, MVP and 19 yrs. old a two/way center, that has Wennberg as his closest NHL comparable says Timmins. Read Habs Eyes on the Prize for good write ups on all the picks for 2015, all in one place no hunting for info.:handclap::handclap::handclap::popcorn:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Fast skater, great shot (!), incredible vision, creative, gigantic. Seriously? We might have got a player here. Or we got the Swedish Prybil... :sarcasm:

Pribyl was a really bad skater. We wanted him to come to the CHL but his Czech team shot that down and his skating never improved.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hope he can find a way to stick with Djurgårdens next year, would get to see a good bit of him if so especially when he faces Lehkonen and Nygren.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Wow that video did him a lot of justice. Seems he has great tools to work with. Speed looks fine to me.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Skating looks fine to me.. liking the shot and the hands.

This guy will swing the draft one way or another for us. I fully expect to have an NHLer in Juulsen (how good? we'll see)..

if this guy can end up with 2nd line upside, that'd be great.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Some awesome moves in there...

holy **** this kid looks like the complete package. good skater, nice shot, hustles, good passes.. i LOVE how he keeps his feet moving.
i know its just a highlight vid and all but he looked pretty damn impressive.

i need to find full match vods of him now.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
wow watched that vid 3 times and i'm more impressed every time.

Am I crazy for thinking this kid's maybe a bit lesser of a Scherbak?
The only thing that stifles the excitement is the level of competition he's facing but there are times in that vid where he looks even more impressive than Scherbak. Again though the level of competition isn't quite as high I imagine. Its hard to see what could hold him back.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
wow watched that vid 3 times and i'm more impressed every time.

Am I crazy for thinking this kid's maybe a bit lesser of a Scherbak?
The only thing that stifles the excitement is the level of competition he's facing but there are times in that vid where he looks even more impressive than Scherbak. Again though the level of competition isn't quite as high I imagine. Its hard to see what could hold him back.

last highlights package that impressed me like that was filip forsbergs

tho forsberg was definitely better lol.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
last highlights package that impressed me like that was filip forsbergs

tho forsberg was definitely better lol.

I remember thinking Galchenyuk's highlights were better than FF's. Its Forsberg's bloody skating! God I hope Galch can still improve significantly in that area. If he had high end skating I swear he'd be one of the most dangerous players in the game.

Vejdemo almost seems too good to be true so I'm gonna stay cautious.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Man, Timmins couldn't wait to talk about this guy at the post-draft conference. Seems he really made a big impression on him and Rockstrom.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I am pretty sure he would have been available in 5th round if he's that unknown. Usually, prospects with good ceiling from J20 or U20 league gets drafted later. A good exemple was trunev

In this video, sometimes he looks like Malkin haha. Hopefully he has 1 or 2 solid seasons with his SHL before coming to NA

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Only thing left to know...and that's kinda a big thing....how does he react to the physical aspect of the game.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I am pretty sure he would have been available in 5th round if he's that unknown. Usually, prospects with good ceiling from J20 or U20 league gets drafted later. A good exemple was trunev

What if he isn't? I think you have to go by your list, because if you start to gamble, you'll likely loose some of the guys you really wanted.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
What if he isn't? I think you have to go by your list, because if you start to gamble, you'll likely loose some of the guys you really wanted.

I meant, he is a bit unknown. He has had lack of exposure because he didn't play much SHL at all. The thing is, with a 3rd round pick, there are still solid prospects from CHL and ,etc. You don't pick a sleeper pick in 3rd round. Beginning 4th,5th rounds maybe. Last time we did that was with Collberg or Avtsin, you can see how it turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad