Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Grant McCagg ‏@grantmccagg 2m2 minutes ago
I just had a scout from another team tell me that Vedjmo is a "good pick."

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
He needs to work on his back hander and first step acceleration.

I have him ranked on my list at 47th in Europe for shot blocking

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
So scouts saying its a good pick, but people on here are saying its not. Who should I believe

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
So scouts saying its a good pick, but people on here are saying its not. Who should I believe

I don't know. Timmins thought Collberg was a good pick, so much so that he couldn't sleep. And it appears he's busted.

While it's safe to trust "experts", it's also a bad thing to take their full word only because they are "experts".

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I don't know. Timmins thought Collberg was a good pick, so much so that he couldn't sleep. And it appears he's busted.

While it's safe to trust "experts", it's also a bad thing to take their full word only because they are "experts".

Colberg did get us vanek. So Garth also saw something in him

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

We don't care about who was taken, we care about where. When you have no 2nd or 4th, it's a little difficult to understand.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Scouts? Firms like Hockey prospects had him 173rd. CSS had him the 36th best European prospect. McKeen, Grant's magasine, do NOT mention Vejdemo at all. But a scout did tell Grant...."good pick". Thing is....I could probably say that too for most 2nd and 3rd rounders so far.

Timmins says "secret pick". Fine. I'm now expecting to see him flourish and do extremely well. When you go off the board, is because you know something that others don't....and it's going to be proven. Let's wait and see.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

I'd still take their educated opinion over the uneducated overreactions that litter this board. That doesn't mean they are right 100% of the time though.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Colberg did get us vanek. So Garth also saw something in him

Thank you for supporting my point. Just because experts like a pick or prospect, doesn't mean that the player in question is sure fire. Here we have Timmins and Snow, two experts, believing in Collberg...when in reality, it looks like he's busted.

A scout saying a pick is "good" doesn;;t automatically discount an amateur's opinion.

You don't need to be a contractor to have an opinion on your house is being built. It would be foolish not to be skeptical to an expert and to leave your 100% in them because they are experts.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Scouts? Firms like Hockey prospects had him 173rd. CSS had him the 36th best European prospect. McKeen, Grant's magasine, do NOT mention Vejdemo at all. But a scout did tell Grant...."good pick". Thing is....I could probably say that too for most 2nd and 3rd rounders so far.

Timmins says "secret pick". Fine. I'm now expecting to see him flourish and do extremely well. When you go off the board, is because you know something that others don't....and it's going to be proven. Let's wait and see.

I understand where you're coming from WS. We've also been pretty unlucky with gambles: Trunev, Crisp (still early), Nygren, Avtsin since the lockout.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'd still take their educated opinion over the uneducated overreactions that litter this board. That doesn't mean they are right 100% of the time though.

Maybe, but there have been several instances on this board where the posters have been right over the experts. Again, it's a foolish mindset to think that an amateur's opinion is automatically void in the face of an expert's

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm happy to hear that Timmins still is in charge of the reigns. After hearing MB say that they prioritized a D man and seeing them draft another overager (something MB has admitted he likes doing), I was worried that Timmins didn't have full control anymore.

I would love for Grant to tell us how much Timmins has control over drafts nowadays. What's Bergevin's role..and what is Churla's...

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
If he was a terrific skater I would have been happy with this pick, since is not (kind of average or only good), I am a little bit disappointed. Imo, the were better player available at that pick. I believe we could have gamble with him and wait for our 5th round pick.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
If he was a terrific skater I would have been happy with this pick, since is not (kind of average or only good), I am a little bit disappointed. Imo, the were better player available at that pick. I believe we could have gamble with him and wait for our 5th round pick.
There is always room for improvement when it comes to skating, if he's dedicated, it won't be a problem.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Wait till Lefebvre gets a hold of this kid... LMAO. This one is going to be EPIC!

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Maybe, but there have been several instances on this board where the posters have been right over the experts. Again, it's a foolish mindset to think that an amateur's opinion is automatically void in the face of an expert's

You're completely right, but that's assuming the 'amateur' has actually seen the player play and has a legitimate opinion. Disagreeing about the pick when one hasn't even seen the player is not an opinion that is worthy of anyone's consideration.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

I think I would have went with Filip Ahl, similar stats, but a little bit bigger at 6'4 and nearly 1 and half year younger.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=162177

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I just hope we're not drafting based on size. We need more speed and skill. After the Sekac-DSP trade we're an average skating team.

I'll be rooting for Bournival, Hudon, Andrighetto, Thomas and even Dumont at camp this year. We're a better team with these guys in the lineup. They're fast, young, hard working, and can do things on the forecheck and with the puck.

Hudon and Dumont aren't exactly speedsters.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I just hope we're not drafting based on size. We need more speed and skill. After the Sekac-DSP trade we're an average skating team.

I'll be rooting for Bournival, Hudon, Andrighetto, Thomas and even Dumont at camp this year. We're a better team with these guys in the lineup. They're fast, young, hard working, and can do things on the forecheck and with the puck.
Yikes!!....besides Hudon, I hope none of them make the team...no thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad