Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
Discuss :)

KqSGpqm.png

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Only scouting agency that had him ranked had him in the 6th round. Really unlikely he wouldn't have been there in the 5th.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Very smooth player. Scores a lot of points. Would have gone higher if Djurgården gave him a bigger chance on their first team last season. Which they absolutely should've. Reminds me of Alexander Wennberg a bit, but more offensively, not sure if the two-way game is there.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Mehh, not sure about this one. I am usually not a fan of drafting overage player with high round picks. But pretty good stats, best ppg in the SElit. Does anyone know how his skating is?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hockey prospect has this to say.....

This Swedish center took a significant step forward in his development this past season. Passed over in last year draft after playing at the U18 level, this year he was probably the MVP of the U20 SuperElit. Vedejmo has been effective in pretty much every area of the game and it will be interesting to see what kind of player he will be able to become at the senior level after an adaption period. He has good puck control and has some power to his shot, but he is not overly skilled and his projection from an offensive standpoint is far from a safe one. However, he has a few things going for him along with his size. He is no stranger to the net, works hard, doesn’t quit on the play and doesn’t mind going into the corners to dig the puck to create opportunities. His strong two-way all around game makes him a candidate to develop into a 3rd liner that can bring some secondary scoring. He is not a flawless skater, his stride seems to have room for mprovement, yet he can generate surprising power and use his skating as an asset, for example when chasing the puck. He can stickhandle through traffic, but he can be at fault for trying to do too much, sometimes taking too long shifts. Should further develop his physical game, as it will probably be needed to become the kind of player he projects to be at the next level.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
This could be a sleeper. Good size and has produced everywhere he's played. Timmins must have seen something special in him that no one else has

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Looking at his staline from Eliteprospect.com, Vedjemo seems to be quite the productive center playing out of Djurgården J20, and in the U18 league last year. Interesting to note, he was passed over in last year's draft it appears (born in January 1996).

2013-14 Djurgården J18 J18Allsvenskan 17GP, 10G, 15A, 25P

2014-15 Djurgården J20 ''A'' SuperElit 34GP, 23G, 25A, 48P

Some reports state that he is a strong skater with good hands who needs to improve his physical play, but does anyone have any more info on the guy? I can't seem to find any that is worthwhile.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
My only gripe is the following : could he have been available in the 5th?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
...could be another Eller...I like it...

Defensive play is his weakness apparently.

My only gripe is the following : could he have been available in the 5th?

I think so but we said the same thing about Crisp and apparently Buffalo really wanted him. Should have let him have him in retrospect but if Timmins/Bergevin trust our Euro scout they're gonna take this guy in the third.

Last edited by a moderator:

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Almost like we're making it a point to make boring picks. It's not like we desperately need offense or something. I know you don't draft for need... But this is ridiculous. Don't need more 4th liners.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Were they tipped off that he would have been gone before the 5th? That's the only way this makes sense.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Defensive play is his weakness apparently.

So he's a 2-way player that won't score in the higher level and his defensive play is his weakness? He had great stats in the Junior league 'cause he was 19 years old. I have no idea what they did there. It's their Crisp and Koberstein moment all over again.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Were they tipped off that he would have been gone before the 5th? That's the only way this makes sense.

And if he would....is he that sensationnal that they couldn't absolutely not take the risk? They went with needs.......a need that is so far away from making it....

The only reason they drafted him is because they saw a huge improvement from last year to this year and see it continiuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad