Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Laurent Dauphin (1-Year, 2-Way @ $750K {NHL} / $175K {AHL})

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
That seems like a lot of guaranteed money for a player who hasn't played much at all in the NHL.

Good for him though, I thought he had a good season in the A

Edit: Oh nvm saw it got switched to 175K, still great for him

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's a hustle player, right?

He is. He's a hard worker that isn't afraid to go in the dirty areas and do what is necessary to win the game. But like WS said, there is no NHL upside to him. But he's perfect for Laval.

One reason why Laval has been getting better every year isn't only because their draft picks of recent years turn pro and have an impact, but there is continuity from year-to-year, so the familiarity is there. The chemistry has already been built and they know what the coach requires of them.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm a little surprised as I didn't think he played as well this year as he did last, I thought they might not bring him back but good to see since it gives us good depth for Laval.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Love this player. Good in the minors, but can play well for a few games as a 4th line guy, in the NHL. That's if injuries really hit. And has a wonderful name.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
AHL team gets back in Quebec and gets a few good fringe NHL/great AHL quebec players which help it being popular. I love the rockets but honestly could'nt get excited for the bulldogs. Good marketing move, all win.

Trois-Rivières gets an ECHL affiliated to the habs. Quebec players a priority, easy access to players to replace in the Rocket when the habs taps-in... all win.

For all that hates on Berg/Molson, those were terrific moves and Dauphin, Alain, RHP, Teasdale gets to play with enthisiasm close to home... if anything, it will be a great legacy from Berg...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm a little surprised as I didn't think he played as well this year as he did last, I thought they might not bring him back but good to see since it gives us good depth for Laval.
He did take a bit of a step back, although the production is pretty much identical. He's a Bouchard type of guy in the end, I'm pretty sure the coach put a good word in for him .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He did take a bit of a step back, although the production is pretty much identical. He's a Bouchard type of guy in the end, I'm pretty sure the coach put a good word in for him .

that's because he got almost all of his points in the final 10 games of the season. Before that he had points in only 3 games all season. (12 pts in 9 games)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad