Habs sign goaltender Yann Danis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttnorm

Feb 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
ggat_10 said:
http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect.cfm?sectionID=habsNewsDetails.cfm&newsItemID=3613

has anyone seen him play and can give an assesment of his potential? from his college stats he looks like a solid signing
I have seen him play about a dozen times and it is an excellent signing. Addresses a weak spot in the Habs system with a top guy.

Saw a ton of rubber at Brown (who had little besides him). Used to be a little soft high but corrected that this year. More of a technically solid guy than a flashy guy. Gives you very little net to shoot at.

There are other prospects I would rate higher, but this kid has the ability to develop into a #1 someday.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Wow.. nice signing.

I remember getting flamed for suggesting that Montreal's goaltending depth was not that impressive beyond Theo/Garon and that they should address it.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well the Habs dont have much goalie depth.

Theo/Garon are wicked for the NHL team:

Farmers:

JF Damphousse - avg AHL guy
Olivier Michaud - avg AHL guy
Eric Fichaud - avg AHL guy

They have Vadim Tarasov in Russia, and they drafted 2 goalies this past summer Halak and Heino-Lindberg.

Am i missing anyone?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:

Farmers:

They have Vadim Tarasov in Russia, and they drafted 2 goalies this past summer Halak and Heino-Lindberg.

Am i missing anyone?

Joni Puurula in Finland, plays for HPK

Perez

Feb 27, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:

Farmers:

Am i missing anyone?

They also have Puurula but I don't know much about his potenciel..

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
I was really waiting for the habs to sign him, because I talked to his father, last spring, who told me that Montreal and Washington were really interested in him. They offered him a contract this summer but he refused it ($$$$)

Velho

Sep 16, 2002
Hämeenlinna
Perez said:
They also have Puurula but I don't know much about his potenciel..

Puurula has been great in this year's playoffs. In the first game he made some bad mistakes with the puck and let one soft goal, but after that he's been awesome. After four games his GAA is 0,75; save ptc .970 and he has 2 shutouts. HPK won its series 4-0.

And sorry, my English isn't very good...

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
Welho said:
Puurula has been great in this year's playoffs. In the first game he made some bad mistakes with the puck and let one soft goal, but after that he's been awesome. After four games his GAA is 0,75; save ptc .970 and he has 2 shutouts. HPK won its series 4-0.

Your english is fine and thanks for the Puurula update. :)

Carbonneau

Jan 31, 2003
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Welho said:

Your english is better than half the posters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->