Proposal: Habs Should Do ????

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
How is #1 a dream for the habs ? where the hell would he play ? He was traded for SCRAPS with his ceiling being 15 goals.

I'm no fan of DD, but as a fourth line center ( and no freaking powerplay time) he's fine and BETTER than yakupov, who isnt good enough to play top 6 and can't play bottom six. That doesnt leave a whole lot of options left.

The notion that we trade for yakupov and throw him on the first line with Galchenyuk makes absolutelty no sense at all. We remove a better player in order to let him parasitize our 1C for the sole reason of pumping his tires ?

Big. Fat. Pass.

if st louis can make lemonade, good for them. The habs getting yakupov wouldn't be a dream it would be a nightmare.

here's a little secret......... he's not that good and isnt getting better
DD is a living nightmare, wake the **** up!

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
1. Habs would need to add 3rd 2017 + maybe low-prospect (Crisp).
2. No for Montreal. Pacioretty > Landeskog. Also, Landeskog would not be worth the massive overpayment to get (and at a higher cap $).
3. No for Florida.
4. :laugh:! Lehkonen does not get you Fowler. Maybe Lehkonen + Beaulieu + 1st will get you him (considering the Expansion Draft happens this year). Not sure, what do Anaheim fans think of this?

Beaulieu is of no interest to Anaheim. You also bring up the expansion draft, but don't really offer a solution, since Beaulieu wouldn't be exempt, to my knowledge. Offering us a package with a piece we may end up losing isn't all that appealing.

I'd rather try to keep Fowler, and see if we can work out a way to re-sign him. He and Lindholm are blocks 1 and 2 of the blue line Murray should build on. A task made easier with guys like Theodore, Larsson, and Montour.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i dont recall yakupov ever playing on the RW and hes already strugglin making hes way at his natural position! but who knows...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That gives me an idea for Toronto!

Trade JVR for Lindholm
Trade Bozak for Paul Stastny
Trade Michalek and a 2nd for Rick Nash
Trade Brown and Holland for Boone Jenner

Should (and Could) Toronto Do that trades ????

Sorry for being a jerk, but come on! This thread can't be serious.

I was all set to object to that last trade, but then it occurred to me that we could turn around and flip Holland and a 2nd for Galchenyuk. :nod: ;)

EDIT: ...y'know, I meant to name the other Gally, but, hey, what the heck. That can stay as is. :D

Last edited:

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
i dont recall yakupov ever playing on the RW and hes already strugglin making hes way at his natural position! but who knows...

:help:

If this is true, you either haven't been watching or haven't been paying attention. Yakupov spent the vast majority of this time in Edmonton playing RW.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
:help:

If this is true, you either haven't been watching or haven't been paying attention. Yakupov spent the vast majority of this time in Edmonton playing RW.

i wanted to type LW! Im sorry, i know Yakupov is a natural RW! you can see its a typo since the message was regarding OP who was putting him on the LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->