Proposal: Habs Should Do ????

Little Mac

Mar 7, 2016
Should (and Could) Habs Do that trades ????

1- Desharnais VS Yakupov
2- Pacioretty + Pateryn VS Landeskog
3- Plekanec + DLR + Beaulieu VS Bjugstad and Pick
4- Lehkonen VS Fowler

If they do all, the CH will be like:

Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Landeskog - Bjugstad - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - Andrighetto/Flynn

Fowler - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Hanley/Redmond/Barberio

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Should MTL do these trades:

Yes

Should the other teams do these trades:

No chance in hell.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why should a team that is winning make changes?

Because every trade favors them so much :laugh:

I'm all about "if it's not broke don't fix it". But if the other teams were willing to hand them the gifts that are these trade proposals the Habs would have to say yes.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
That gives me an idea for Toronto!

Trade JVR for Lindholm
Trade Bozak for Paul Stastny
Trade Michalek and a 2nd for Rick Nash
Trade Brown and Holland for Boone Jenner

Should (and Could) Toronto Do that trades ????

Sorry for being a jerk, but come on! This thread can't be serious.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
If the Habs are at the top of the Atlantic in February they will be looking hard at rental deals.

Rental priorities would be a LW, maybe a 3rd line center (Although Danault has been great and could win the role if he keeps it up), and probably a veteran bottom pairing D because MB loves his depth there (I agree) and probably doesn't want 2 rookies as #6 and #7 (Hanley & Pateryn) in the playoffs (also agree)

Little Mac

Mar 7, 2016
For each trade there's an explanation.

1-Yakupov only cost a third round pick + a suspect.... so I think Yak value is higher in fans mind than in reallity.... In more he don't give what STL expect on him.... maybe Mtl could give a pick add in DD but I think Desharnais can help STL more than Yakupov caus they need more a passing/playmaker guy like DD (who will more fit with Hitch coaching).

2- Colorado need a right defense who could play roughly. In exchange of Landeskog of course they need a guy who can score goal and Pacioretty is one of the best since the past 5 years. Add to this that since Landeskog receive the "C", the Av's don't really play on top. Maybe a captain change could switch that. I don't say Pacioretty will be the new captain but other guys on Avalanche line-up could do it.

3- Florida need experience and a defensive center. In that trade Mtl give two: Plekanec for now and DLR to take Pleky place when he will gone. With Barkov and Trochek, Panthers don't really need Bjugstad. Last season Florida play most part of the season without him and had their best season ever. I think that Adding Beaulieu (Gallant know him well right ????) on that give the assets for trading.

4- The most difficult trade of course. Anaheim need cap space and probably want a good young player in exchange of Fowler. It will be hard for Ducks to keep all their defenseman when the expansioin draft will come. Trading one for young forward is probably on their mind. A first round pick could be add to Lehkonen.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Anaheim isn't trading Fowler, and if they were, they would get a more substantial package than the OP is offering. You're ripping Anaheim off with this deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the Habs are at the top of the Atlantic in February they will be looking hard at rental deals.

Rental priorities would be a LW, maybe a 3rd line center (Although Danault has been great and could win the role if he keeps it up), and probably a veteran bottom pairing D because MB loves his depth there (I agree) and probably doesn't want 2 rookies as #6 and #7 (Hanley & Pateryn) in the playoffs (also agree)

I'll bet $100 with anyone that what you said above is what happens. Rental deals to improve some holes in the line-up.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I don't see any deal as feasible for a variety of reasons, but that Anaheim deal is just revolting. I like Lehkonen, but he's at best a throw in for Fowler right now... not a centrepiece, let alone the ONLY piece.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

1- Desharnais VS Yakupov
4- Lehkonen VS Fowler

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Fowler - Weber
Markov - Petry

1. Dream for Habs.
2. Horrible for Mtl
3. No damn way for Habs unless u replace Beaulieu
4. The biggest dream trade for the Habs

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009

1- Desharnais VS Yakupov
4- Lehkonen VS Fowler

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Fowler - Weber
Markov - Petry

1--Who cares? Neither player is going to help us much.
2--No. We are trying to win now. Pacioretty has chemistry with the players on this team AND is a proven 30+ goal scoring, 60+ point producing player. I think Landeskog has the ability to get better than Pacioretty, but I do not think he is there, yet. We are trying to win a Cup now. Who is going to replace Pacioretty's goal scoring and overall point production? There is also the matter of his selke capable defensive ability. I would stick with Pacioretty...although I am sorely tempted by this one...
3--Montreal would do this, Florida would not.
4--Anaheim would laugh us off the phone and block the Habs' number if that ludicrously low offer was made.

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
How convenient that all these trades favor the Habs

No, that is not true. Desharnais is a far more proven player than Yakupov, so far. Therrien would bench Yakupov after his first shift. The only reason I would be fine with this trade is to laugh at Oilers fans because I said Yakupov for DD would be fair value years ago.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

1- Desharnais VS Yakupov
4- Lehkonen VS Fowler

1. Habs would need to add 3rd 2017 + maybe low-prospect (Crisp).
2. No for Montreal. Pacioretty > Landeskog. Also, Landeskog would not be worth the massive overpayment to get (and at a higher cap $).
3. No for Florida.
4. :laugh:! Lehkonen does not get you Fowler. Maybe Lehkonen + Beaulieu + 1st will get you him (considering the Expansion Draft happens this year). Not sure, what do Anaheim fans think of this?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

1- Desharnais VS Yakupov
4- Lehkonen VS Fowler

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Fowler - Weber
Markov - Petry

Stop playing nhl 17.

The last one is the worst.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
1. Dream for Habs.
2. Horrible for Mtl
3. No damn way for Habs unless u replace Beaulieu
4. The biggest dream trade for the Habs

How is #1 a dream for the habs ? where the hell would he play ? He was traded for SCRAPS with his ceiling being 15 goals.

I'm no fan of DD, but as a fourth line center ( and no freaking powerplay time) he's fine and BETTER than yakupov, who isnt good enough to play top 6 and can't play bottom six. That doesnt leave a whole lot of options left.

The notion that we trade for yakupov and throw him on the first line with Galchenyuk makes absolutelty no sense at all. We remove a better player in order to let him parasitize our 1C for the sole reason of pumping his tires ?

Big. Fat. Pass.

if st louis can make lemonade, good for them. The habs getting yakupov wouldn't be a dream it would be a nightmare.

here's a little secret......... he's not that good and isnt getting better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad