GDT: Habs/Sens (Tonight @ 7:30PM on RDS & TSN5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
How has it been " chippy"? Is this the word of the day and they get paid extra to say it.

Most of the penalties have been phantom calls.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Force management's hand to do what? Play him as the 4th line center? doesn't seem like his role. Allow him the legit opportunity to beat out a current top 9 winger? I could see us being better with him in Drouin's spot. I wonder if management's hand will be forced to trade Drouin sooner than later. May have to make room for Suzuki, Poehling and Evans really soon, and Ylonen and Caufield shortly after that.
I REALLY hope MB trades him and very soon. You can tell he’s the only one that doesn’t mesh well with the team and he’s just an anchor at this point and brings down the players on his line. I don’t care if he doesn’t get full value for him

Nick Slafkofield

Nov 5, 2018
Suzuki and Evans hockey sense really standing out tonight...tons of smart plays on and away from the puck.

Chiarot is solid, no nonsense. Keeps it simple and doesn't try to play out of his skin.

Kotkaniemi has been fine this game, frankly the talk of him struggling seems more narrative then anything else.

Hudon is trying but there's just something missing.

Leskinen and Reilly have also been solid.
I also find that KK has been fine no extraordinary plays but that can’t happen every night

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
If this turns out to be characteristic of Kinkaid, then that would go a long way to making the playoffs. This team would have made the playoffs last year with a decent backup goalie, no doubt about it. It's one of the reasons the Bruins finished so high.

And finish in front of Tbay with a PP like that one!!:laugh:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Force management's hand to do what? Play him as the 4th line center? doesn't seem like his role. Allow him the legit opportunity to beat out a current top 9 winger? I could see us being better with him in Drouin's spot. I wonder if management's hand will be forced to trade Drouin sooner than later. May have to make room for Suzuki, Poehling and Evans really soon, and Ylonen and Caufield shortly after that.
Evans has always been projected as a bottom six guy. So yeah. I always had him as a potential Tierney type. It's not impossible that he'd make our 4th line better and he can play on the PK. He would be played 12-13 minutes in the NHL which isn't bad. He didn't blow the AHL out of the water but he was arguably top 3 last year for Laval. He can put improve his numbers in Laval but I don't think he'll learn a lot more down there. Bouchard really did a wonderful job

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The Hens are pityful. How many regulars aren't playing?

Also, KK is fine in the 3rd (only period I saw). He's playing with plugs.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
How has it been " chippy"? Is this the word of the day and they get paid extra to say it.

Most of the penalties have been phantom calls.

Chippy means extra curricular activities. Looking to engage physically when you don't need to (Tkachuk running into Kinkaid, finishing checks he doesn't need to, slashing after whistles etc.).

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't think that Kotkaniemi is ever going to be a big point producer in the NHL, 50-60 point guy possibly, I know that he is still very young but he doesn't strike me as the type of center that will produce big point totals, his overall game will be solid but not what people are hoping for, a Mikko Koivu type of player but not a star.

Reactions: dinodebino

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Evans has always been projected as a bottom six guy. So yeah. I always had him as a potential Tierney type. It's not impossible that he'd make our 4th line better and he can play on the PK. He would be played 12-13 minutes in the NHL which isn't bad. He didn't blow the AHL out of the water but he was arguably top 3 last year for Laval. He can put improve his numbers in Laval but I don't think he'll learn a lot more down there. Bouchard really did a wonderful job

I just think you want a veteran as the 4c, no? Not a a rookie cutting his teeth in the NHL.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think that Kotkaniemi is ever going to be a big point producer in the NHL, 50-60 point guy possibly, I know that he is still very young but he doesn't strike me as the type of center that will produce big point totals, his overall game will be solid but not what people are hoping for, a Mikko Koivu type of player but not a star.
That would be excellent. Koivu, in his prime, wasn't a plug.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is what happens when you dont let players dominate. Ive said the same thing before the season in 2018... Look at Suzuki and look at Kotkaniemi, one is dangerous as hell and the other has no confidence in his abilities.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Chippy means extra curricular activities. Looking to engage physically when you don't need to (Tkachuk running into Kinkaid, finishing checks he doesn't need to, slashing after whistles etc.).
The only call that was real was chariots,

And tchacuk runs the goalie and gets a lot of cross check and a face wash.

That's the opposite of chippyIf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad