Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens Saturday 10/20 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Here's a look at the projected forward lines for tonight...

Boedker - Duchene - Ryan
Dzingel - Tierney - Stone
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
White - Carey

And here's how the defence pairings could look tonight...

Chabot - DeMelo
Borowiecki - Harpur
Lajoie - Wideman
Jaros

Andy in nets

Game Day Notes: Sens vs. Canadiens

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Here's a look at the projected forward lines for tonight...

Boedker - Duchene - Ryan
Dzingel - Tierney - Stone
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
White
- Carey

And here's how the defence pairings could look tonight...

Chabot - DeMelo
Borowiecki - Harpur
Lajoie - Wideman
Jaros

Andy in nets

Game Day Notes: Sens vs. Canadiens

Really trying not to lose my cool about White's usage, but its getting real hard.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
As long as the boys plays hard tonight and gave us an exciting game i will be happy even if we lose. of course i would rather beat the Habs but for us this season its all about the process and implementing a new style of play so there's going to be growing pains a long the way. so im hoping for a good game tonight versus the Habs. GO SENS GO!!!

Reactions: Alex1234

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He would be in Smith's spot if he was picked up on waivers, I think. Smith has played well since being waived.

Smith has played ok. Getting a lot more minutes with good players.

Not better than White. See how well White has played when he was given a chance between Tkatchuk and Stone.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Carey looks good so far
He looks passable on the fourth like. So my question is..... so what?

I like what this team is doing on the ice. It was marketed as a bad year. But maybe a fun one. It’s been fun so far. I don’t feel like dealing with Boucher’s f***ing bullshit about playing these plugs becuase “he looked good on the pk”. It’s f***ing annoying let us have some fun play the kids get white off of these idiots wings.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They are using Paul now as the up and down guy early season because I think they want Batherson / Chlapik / Balcers to establish themselves this season and then come up ready for full time duty, not be sent up and down every week and make the start of their season unstable. Not great for Paul to be that guy who they don’t mind not playing, at least he’s getting NHL money
Or just call up Paul and play him as he might have a future with us and he not worse than carey who has no future with us

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The fact that Boucher is asking questions like “does this thirty year old look ok on the PK?” Does not bode well for the rebuild.
idk...part of a successful rebuild is a reboot on how to play. so far we can't argue about results and if Boucher is throwing some ice at career 4th line guys and it helps build a winning culture I'm ok with it. if we start going a bit south then sure I can see a reset on ice time.

it's a balancing act between competition for ice which might make some play afraid to make a mistake versus not having competition and guys becoming complacent because they aren't being pushed from below

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Looking forward to Wideman getting a few hard shots on Price. I've liked his game so far...and it will be fun to see Lajoie play against les Habs. Go Sens!

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
idk...part of a successful rebuild is a reboot on how to play. so far we can't argue about results and if Boucher is throwing some ice at career 4th line guys and it helps build a winning culture I'm ok with it. if we start going a bit south then sure I can see a reset on ice time.

it's a balancing act between competition for ice which might make some play afraid to make a mistake versus not having competition and guys becoming complacent because they aren't being pushed from below
Carey clearly not being pushed here.

Results? High shooting percentage? Boucher for me played the biggest role in making this team the worst team in hockey last year.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
How many Gord Downie tributes does CBC need to do? I feel like this is the 15th one. He died like a year ago.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad