Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens Saturday 10/20 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This game should be a fun one to watch. Not to sound too cliche, but I think it holds true to a higher degree tonight: this could be Andy vs Price to decide who wins. Lots of speed, both teams generating offence, everyone expecting some fireworks and maybe some wide open hockey, so it would stand to reason that a goalie might need to shine. Now watch, the game will end 8-6 as I write this lol.

Being a homer and feelin' a win tonight. 5-3 good guys. Duchene scores a couple.

EDIT: So I guess I'm predicting a goalie to not stand on his head haha.
Lmao “definitely a battle of goalies here tonight I’m predicting 7-6 final”

But seriously. I think both goalies play bad tonight

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Florida stats from last night's Overtime game... Hoffman 12:39 TOI.. lol….. and a fat -3 in a 6-5 victory...lol.. guess he aint fittin in well over there yet

Last time I checked he was playing 3rd line with McCann

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They should have let Paul play last night in Belleville. BSens lost 4-3 and could have used him. Now he comes up just to get scratched again. I know there was a risk but there would have been other guys chomping at the bit for those 6-7 minutes of ice time if for some reason he couldn't go. Lets hope Jaros is over the flu.

Reactions: DrEasy

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Why would they scratch Nick Paul to play Paul Carey? Boucher's bias towards AHL players continues. First he overplays Pyatt then last season he pushed for Thompson and Dumont and overplayed them. Now We have a chance to play an actual prospect and instead he puts Paul Carey back in.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Why would they scratch Nick Paul to play Paul Carey? Boucher's bias towards AHL players continues. First he overplays Pyatt then last season he pushed for Thompson and Dumont and overplayed them. Now We have a chance to play an actual prospect and instead he puts Paul Carey back in.
Carey looks good so far

Reactions: OmniSens

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Carey looks good so far
No he doesn't. He looks average at best. He isn't very fast, he isn't very physical, he doesn't have much in puck skills and he is okay defensively. He also and most importantly is not in any way shape or form a long term piece that is part of the rebuild. The point of the rebuild is to give prospects opportunities to crack the roster not career AHLers/4th liners.

Right now we have 3 Pyatts in Pyatt, Pajaarvi and Carey and we shouldn't have 1. These are pure 4th liners and with the bare bones roster we have this year you can't run a pure 4th line very long and continue to have success. So far those 3 have combined for a total of 0 points. They won't produce much this year.

I don't see how Carey has played well enough to not be taken out of the lineup for a prospect.

Reactions: SensFactor

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Paul Carey played 60 games for the Rangers last season, and Paul has not proven himself at the NHL level yet.

It's understandable.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
We're dressing 7d, it's not really carey over paul, but Jaros over Paul. I don't think Paul fits the speed element we're trying to go with.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Paul Carey played 60 games for the Rangers last season, and Paul has not proven himself at the NHL level yet.

It's understandable.
In most seasons it would be, but it doesn't make a lot of sense in a rebuild given what the Sens supposed plan is. Paul Carey is 30 years old. He is what he is. He is good enough to fill a 4th line role and probably jump from team to team doing that. But he is not a prospect and he is not a long term piece in a rebuild. Nick Paul on the other hand is actually still and prospect and may actually end up being a long term piece for the Senators.

What is the point in playing 4th line players like Carey if they aren't part of this rebuild?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
In most seasons it would be, but it doesn't make a lot of sense in a rebuild given what the Sens supposed plan is. Paul Carey is 30 years old. He is what he is. He is good enough to fill a 4th line role and probably jump from team to team doing that. But he is not a prospect and he is not a long term piece in a rebuild. Nick Paul on the other hand is actually still and prospect and may actually end up being a long term piece for the Senators.

What is the point in playing 4th line players like Carey if they aren't part of this rebuild?

You make valid points, and for sure this is Pauls' last kick at the can in Ottawa, and they've tried everything the could to motivate him. Perhaps making him sit and watch is going to piss him off, and a light might just flick on inside his head, and when given the chance to be in the line up, he "shows up" and plays with the intention of remaining on the roster.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

It's understandable.
You’ve just made it less understandable. We’re rebuilding. Trying to see what happens with our young guys what they have. Seeing what carey has does nothing for us.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I wonder if we'll even end up being permanently 11-7. It's kinda makes sense with the way Boucher explains it, and how we're playing the game.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
You make valid points, and for sure this is Pauls' last kick at the can in Ottawa, and they've tried everything the could to motivate him. Perhaps making him sit and watch is going to piss him off, and a light might just flick on inside his head, and when given the chance to be in the line up, he "shows up" and plays with the intention of remaining on the roster.

Boucher was asked about Nick Paul in the pre game press conference today. He claims that Paul has been playing and looking great and that if they were going 12 and 6 that he would definitely be in. He actually raved about his play in Bellville so far. He mentioned this could be a break out year for Paul. It seemed like Boucher was concerned about tampering with a winning lineup He mentioned that Paul Carey has been solid on the penalty kill and that is why he is staying in.

Maybe the low goals against has made Boucher inclined to play ot safe.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
They are using Paul now as the up and down guy early season because I think they want Batherson / Chlapik / Balcers to establish themselves this season and then come up ready for full time duty, not be sent up and down every week and make the start of their season unstable. Not great for Paul to be that guy who they don’t mind not playing, at least he’s getting NHL money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad